Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: kolobian ( )
Date: October 07, 2011 05:45PM

Everything in kolobianism rests on rituals, penalties, and suffering being experienced vicariously, right?

Most of the members of our species will have lived & died without ever having heard of the gospel, so someone who has heard about it must get baptized and endowed on their behalf.

Nobody can satisfy the universe's need for justice, so Jesus vicariously pays the price of our "sins".

So, if I can be born, live my life and die without ever having heard the gospel or joined the church and jesus can expiate my sins and monson can get baptized for me, why can't someone vicariously accept the atonement and ordinaces on my behalf?

Why does the line get drawn there? Why don't they add a ritual to the temple of someone "accepting" everything for and in behalf of a dead person, including the 2nd anointing?

Then they could pretend they believe in grace...

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: helemon ( )
Date: October 07, 2011 05:57PM

Seriously, there is no reason why temple work needs to be a one by one act. Except for the fact that it is a big revenue generator, keeps members busy, and makes them feel righteous.

Posted by: Finally Free! ( )
Date: October 07, 2011 06:09PM

Now you're talking sense and we can't have that... I mean, it might seem like it would be better for people to live their lives in ignorance and just have the few believers do all the work for the world vicariously. Then people could live their lives, there would be no need for any missionary force, (by converting people you are opening their eyes to their sin and according to doctrine, they are worse off for knowing... if they remain in ignorance, they are actually much better off) You'd only need one or two temples (it's not like they aren't already re-using names in almost every temple) and they could gather in Salt Lake city, do work for the dead, and be left alone.

But, then that's silly, how would they generate more tithing?

(The same question could be asked, why do Mormon mothers let any child after the second one live? You have two to keep the species going, then after that, every child under the age of 8 should die to ensure their salvation... They could even tell the two childern that had to live that they are special since they get to have so many wonderful children that they can in turn kill to ensure they will be in the celesitial kingdom)

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.