Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Truthseeker ( )
Date: October 08, 2011 11:56AM

while his second oldest son is on a stateside mission (ID). The missionary was counseled to remain in the mission field by the bishop and his mission president. Now the ward is paying $20 per week for counseling b/c missionary is severely depressed.

1) Why isn't the mission paying for this counseling? Is it b/c it's not an LDS SS therapist?

2) Ruining this part of the kid's life for some imaginary reward promised by the morg's mystical multilevel marketing scam is reprehensible.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Devoted Exmo ( )
Date: October 08, 2011 12:08PM

My dad died while both my brother and sister were on a mission (Montreal and Lima) and both were counseled to stay in their missions. It was a good thing my brother was insistent on going home (even though he promised to come back) because my mother was left to try to run my dad's business (she was in no way able to do it).

My brother did go back to wrap things up in Montreal, but ultimately had to run the business for my mother.

Posted by: Quoth the Raven "Nevermo" ( )
Date: October 08, 2011 02:06PM

Money is always the bottom line with the morg. Paying for plane tickets costs money, so they tell the poor saps to stay. Also, once home they might not come back to be a cog in the machine. God knows the machine needs its cogs.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.