Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Marcionite ( )
Date: October 22, 2011 07:30PM

I was thinking about this one the other day, I'm stuck with a decision that I made at age 8? I reached the age of accountability and made a decision to join the LDS church at age 8?

Come on! If a minor has sex under the age of 18 they are not considered to be necessarily capable of engaging in a consensual sexual relationship. It is generally statutory rape, plain and simple.

So at the age of 8 we make a huge decision regarding our choice of religion and we are held to it for the rest of our lives, unless we take the affirmative action of resigning? Ridiculous.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Mia ( )
Date: October 22, 2011 07:56PM

i always thought that was ridiculous. While they are at it lets make the 8 year olds pick a spouse,a career,etc. And they have to live with that the rest of their lives. no matter what! They have no clue what they are signing up for, thats why they get um at 8 vs. 18.

Posted by: WinksWinks ( )
Date: October 22, 2011 08:05PM

I put that point in my resignation letter. An agreement made at age 8 is not binding in any way, release me.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.