Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: ladybug ( )
Date: October 22, 2011 01:38PM

because they don't make this easy/clear. FINALLY, I got the final letter stating that my name is removed from membership records. It is adressed only to me and the word "you" is used in the lettter.

When I resigned I also resigned for my 2 minor children and one with a disability of whom I have legal guardianship. Am I to assume their names are removed also? Anyone here that resigned for a family, how was your worded?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: another guy ( )
Date: October 22, 2011 01:51PM

Although I've never received such a letter, I would assume (based on others' comments on the Board previously) that you received a form letter, where they just typed in your name at the heading. For them to also include a sentence to reference your childrens' status was just too much work.

Also, having 'resigned' appears to have little or no effect. I remember one poster recently stating that he found his name on a current LDS Corp membership list of a local ward after having officially resigned six years previously.

Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: October 22, 2011 01:54PM

I would not screw around with the locals. Call or EMail COB direct.

Date: October 22, 2011 02:00PM

When the local bish called me I did ask him if the kids were included. He said he would make sure they are on there if they are not already....But...I will e-mail the COB. Again, really? It shouldn't be this hard..

Posted by: honestone ( )
Date: October 22, 2011 02:33PM

I wouldn't take a chance. Their names should be on there as you have the power to speak for them.

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: October 22, 2011 05:11PM

Here is the Phone And Fax Number:
Member Records Division

801-240-2053 - Phone

801-240-1565 - Fax

1-800-453-3860 ext 22053 - Toll Free

Email:
dodgegw@ldschurch.org

To find local ward/stake use this link:

http://lds.org/maps/index.jsf

Date: October 22, 2011 05:36PM

Thanks,

I was just thinking....none of them were baptised so not "officially" a member? They wouldn't let my son with a disability be baptised and I was out before the 2 youngest ones were 8. Don't know why i didn't think about that!! But it was because they continued to contact my minor daughter that pushed the resignation along for me. So, are they (kids) technically members or not (they were blessed as babies)?

I will make contact and get answers..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/22/2011 05:36PM by ladybug.

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: October 22, 2011 05:38PM

My guess is that the children are what they call: "children of record" as they were not baptized, and as such they don't need "name removal" as they were never put on the record as a full member.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: October 22, 2011 09:41PM

That's because locals and mishies tend to go after them as they approach their eighth birthdays. Sometimes they don't ask for parent permission to send them invitations by mail or talk to them at the door or near the school grouds.

This happens agains sometimes when they're close to turning twelve.

Better to contact Grag Dodge and see that they're off the radar entirely in my opinion.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.