Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: sayhitokolob4me ( )
Date: October 12, 2011 10:12PM

The Morg is undoubtedly out there making hay during this election, seeing it as a tremendous growth opportunity. Question (use anon if you want): Will you be emailing interesting quotes from church leaders, tidbits of odd doctrine, or evidence of corruption, lies, and discrimination regarding the church to national media outlets and/or the democratic party, all truthful and accurate, in hopes of balancing out all of the lies? I admit it, I already have. You?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: honestone ( )
Date: October 12, 2011 10:51PM

I commend you for that. I am a nevermo and can't respond to the question. Good for you to have already started. Our media in this country is worthless (almost).

Posted by: Suckafoo ( )
Date: October 12, 2011 11:52PM

I've already emailed Michael Medved and Dennis Prager. I'm putting in my two cents on why MoMo is a cult and how it hurts people. I've also referenced this site. I don't want to make it easy for them to go all mainstreamy and make suckers out of those who are buying in to Mormons being like everyone else as they lie about their strange beliefs or skew them or avoid answering direct questions.

Posted by: helamonster ( )
Date: October 13, 2011 01:50AM

What do you think THAT accomplished, since if their leaders TELL them to endorse Romney, they will just do it?

Date: October 25, 2011 06:24AM

Absolutely nothing. It accomplished nothing.

Posted by: Sorcha ( )
Date: October 13, 2011 01:27AM

I warn people I know, yes. I also tell them if they elect a Morgbot for Prez of the U.S., they'll get what they deserve.

What seems to "get" most people I know is the statement that a temple-endowed Morgbot Prez will ALWAYS answer to the profit before the people. Sometimes I add, "And if the Mormon hierarchy lies to its members, what makes you think it will tell you--a 'gentile (second-class member of the human race)'--the truth??"

Kinda sets people to thinking, this does. :-)

Date: October 25, 2011 07:30AM

My husband says the "opposition in all things" quote/ verse about once a week and has actually used it with regard to Romney. So annoying! Not sure. I kind of like Romney. Part of me wonders if he should be the repub candidate or if he is, the "Huckabee factor" could resurface in different form. Why would the pub party get behind a candidate who belongs to a controversial religion? Quite a risk. I do use it to my advantage when my husband talks about how Mormons are persecuted and how the Evangelicals are anti Mormon religious bigots. I tell him things like he's been trained his whole life to think he's persecuted when few people know, care, or even take the religion seriously.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/25/2011 07:32AM by suckafoo.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.