Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: T-Rex ( )
Date: October 24, 2011 04:08PM

In this thread, http://exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,312962,313883#msg-313883, Heather stated:

"The LDS Humanitarian efforts from 2003-09 provided $150 million in disaster relief . . . "

Compare this to the corporate cash donations for tax year 2009 and tax year 2010.

http://philanthropy.com/article/Chart-Companies-That-in-2010/128358/

http://philanthropy.com/article/Big-Businesses-Won-t/128327/

Per the survey, Krogers alone donated over 10% of its pre-tax profits in cash totaling $64 million in 2010.

Walmart donated $319 million alone and pledged to donate $1.75 billion over 5 years.

This sure places what the church brags about in perspective!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Pil-Latté ( )
Date: October 24, 2011 08:47PM

What a pathetic amount in a 7 year time frame...

Posted by: this alien ( )
Date: October 24, 2011 08:53PM

...especially when one considers they get their money for free

Posted by: edwood ( )
Date: October 24, 2011 09:13PM

Where I live both the Catholic Church and other Protestant denominations provide extensive services that are largely free to the general population. I can be a raging atheist or from a non christian religion and I could still get free counselling, free emergency accommodation, a free hot meal, clothing, help with drug or other substance abuse, assistance with legal problems, should I wind up in prison I could receive pastoral visits and much more. The Jewish community in our city has at least two hospitals I know of and they are open to all, they also provide excellent schools (at least five).

So what does the Mormon cult have to offer? Think about what they offer in your city, especially if you live outside Utah, Idaho etc.

When the temple was built in our city one member commented how it had been largely financed by tax deductible contributions so who picked up the tab for a building that the general public will never see the inside of (outside of the pre- dedicatory open house) and will never get to use?

So you won't find a Mormon hospital in your area nor a school most likely, but if you live in the right places you may find a shopping mall or condominiums.

They have their priorities right, don't they?

Catholic nuns like Mother Theresa labour among the most outcast of society the sickest and desperate and the Mormon leadership pats themselves in the back because they managed to add 200 new wards in the year (using creative means, not to mention mirrors and lots of smoke).

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.