Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: ellie ( )
Date: October 25, 2011 06:58PM

I was just thinking back when I was young about a few Wtf moments.....
**When I was 11 my friend got killed riding a 3 wheeler. Her parents were JW and did not believe in blood transfusions. I was really confused and distraught and my mom brought the missionaries over. They told me not to worry, I could be baptized for her. Thank god that never happened!!
**When I was 12 this 18 or 19 year old guy would pick up the youth and take them to activities. One time I happened to be the last one to be dropped off and the song "pour some sugar on me" came on the radio. He asked me if I knew what it meant...I said no, he told me "You'll find out someday." I told my mom a few years ago about that and she said, "Oh, he was such a nice young man!" I was like, "mom...he would always grab me around the waist and hang onto me, it made me uncomfortable, he was an adult!" Mom: "And he was so cute and spiritual, he would have made a great husband" The mentality that mormons can do no wrong just because they are mormons kills me.
**When I was 16 there were a few missionaries that came over A LOT. Probably because we were pretty funny kids and would let them hang out and watch Terminator. They always seemed to stop by when my mom was at work. There was 1 that realllly flirted with me a lot and it bugged me, I was 16 and he was 20 or 21. I told my mom and she was thrilled, she really wanted me to go to Rick's college and meet up with him when I was 18, and get married and have babies. I had to listen to that until I could finally move out at 18 and start doing my own thing.
Man, it's so nice to get this stuff out to people who understand!!! :)

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: nonmo ( )
Date: October 25, 2011 07:05PM

That story...and many other stories here, just leaves my speechless.

esssentially your mom was ok if the youth counselor and/or the missionaries took advantage of you??? All in the name of possibly nabbing a "great" catch as a temple worthy, TBM husband??????

Pls tell us that THAT didn't happen?? You sound like you have a good, solid, LOGICAL head on your shoulders...because other women/girls would have fallen prey to those tactics..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/25/2011 07:05PM by nonmo.

Posted by: ellie ( )
Date: October 25, 2011 07:11PM

I always wanted to please her, always was worried about upsetting her, said things just for the sake of thinking it was what I was supposed to say and to keep her happy---but thank goodness I did not fall into that one...thank goodness there was always that voice in my head that screamed, there is something wrong with this!!!

Posted by: Raptor Jesus ( )
Date: October 25, 2011 07:16PM

I stopped eating Lucky Charms and began to eat Total.

It needed sugar poured on it. Definitely.

Posted by: Raptor Jesus ( )
Date: October 25, 2011 07:28PM

She mentioned about 3 Mormon boys who creeped her out.

And you jump to this?

Posted by: Rebeckah ( )
Date: October 25, 2011 07:32PM

This fearless poster (and I'm going to guess it's a Mormon liar, like most who show up here) decided that her post made Mormons look bad and decided to reframe her argument into something it wasn't so he (gotta be a "he") could "knock it down". Way to go -- you make Mormons look even worse than the OP did. She merely reported a personal experience -- you came and validated it. Good work!

Posted by: nonmo ( )
Date: October 25, 2011 07:35PM

It wasn't so much that some young MORMON boys wanted some...It was about the FACT that she listened to that little voice in her head..instead of her mother.

Not too mention, it seems like her mother was willing to pimp her out to the first good mormon prospect that came along....

Life in a cult will do that to you....A$$HOLE

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/25/2011 07:35PM by nonmo.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.