Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: ed wood ( )
Date: October 25, 2011 03:43PM

As for me I'd like to think that somewhere out there, there is one final piece of damning evidence, one historical document hidden away in someone's attic, that will show once and for all that this cult is founded on lies.

Or perhaps Romney's presidential campaign will generate so much interest in what Mormons believe that Rfm and other sites exposing the Mormon cult will be inundated.

Any other thoughts?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: freeman ( )
Date: October 25, 2011 04:45PM

I'd like to think that plenty of journalists are lurking on these boards, given the Romney interest.

I hope they learn something, because most mainstream Mormon op-eds are very poorly researched.

Posted by: Anonymous User ( )
Date: October 25, 2011 04:52PM

The first GA to come out of the closet.

Posted by: ed wood ( )
Date: October 25, 2011 05:49PM

Tommy Monson would have a conniption! Gaze deeper into your crystal ball who might you see coming out of the closet? Any predictions or perhaps we better leave that one alone.

Posted by: wwfsmd ( )
Date: October 25, 2011 06:11PM

None at all. There are always enough sheeples to go around. Some of the flock will fall away, some will get eaten by wolves, but there will still be plenty enough left to get sheared.

Posted by: Mia ( )
Date: October 25, 2011 06:23PM

I would like to see a GA have a twinge of conscience and come clean about the historical info they are most likely keeping from us.

I would like him to insist on telling the truth in every manual and every speech from here on out. Then open a museum with all of the real historical artifacts, diaries, etc.

I would like him to open the books so people can see where their money is really going.

I would like to see an apology to all the minorities, women,anyone they have offended, and especially the american indians.

i would like them to open temples to ALL of their members.

i would like them to radically change the missionary program.

I would like for them to stop strong arming people out of their money.

I would like them to put mental counseling facilities in all of the temples for all of the people that this change will push over the edge

Posted by: Heresy ( )
Date: October 25, 2011 06:17PM

ask any harder questions than they already have. Ninety eight percent of the US doesn't care about Mormonism and never will.

I dream of someone in the presiding bishop's office leaking the financials in enough detail to show who is benefitting.

And maybe we could see a leaked member database with all the stats about how many members actually sit in the pews, how many missionaries drop out, where the lack of growth hurts the most.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/25/2011 06:17PM by Heresy.

Posted by: goldenrule ( )
Date: October 25, 2011 06:30PM

Wouldn't that be great if those W@&*leaks hackers would target the church!

Posted by: goldenrule ( )
Date: October 25, 2011 06:23PM

I'd like to see the church have to disclose their financials and be audited by an independent agency. I'm curious as to how they are laundering tithing into the for-profit arm of the church.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: October 25, 2011 06:25PM

I also dream that somewhere or somehow, there is proof of the actual authorship of the BoM.

Posted by: scarecrowfromoz ( )
Date: October 25, 2011 07:57PM

The next scandal will be more of Warren Jeffs, underage marriages, lost boys, polygamy.....or perhaps another wacko like Brian David Mitchell going out and forming his on church claiming he is the "true Profit" because God told him so.

The branch of Mormonism headquartered in SLC will say they nothing to do with those people and never have. If it involves some current member of the SLC Branch of the Mormon Cult (SLCBMC) that has gone loony tunes, forming his own church, offering new prophecies, and going out and shooting everyone in sight in a shopping mall because God told him to, he will be promptly excommunicated.

I sort of like the sound of the Salt Lake City Branch of the Mormon Cult. (SLCBMC)

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.