Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: October 30, 2011 12:37PM

I cut a dress in half and sewed it to a suit and went as a half-man, half-woman. I went all the way, with half a wig on one side and a fake mustache on the other.

One couple that didn't know me were actually arguing whether or not I was a dude. I won the prize that year and nobody cared because it was a singles ward back before the Nazi Mormon Crackdown, which began with Correlation.

Anagrammy

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Fetal Deity ( )
Date: October 30, 2011 12:47PM

They'll make you sit in the aisle! ; )

Posted by: spaghetti oh ( )
Date: October 30, 2011 12:52PM

My worst costume!

I went to a pub party as a dryer. Cardboard box, painted on controls, cut open a door, a few unpaired socks. The box was so big that I couldn't sit and drink my beer at the same time, lol.

Posted by: get her done ( )
Date: October 30, 2011 01:39PM

My mormon self. Frown and all.

Posted by: untarded ( )
Date: October 30, 2011 02:09PM

That is the scariest costume of all.

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: October 30, 2011 02:45PM

My friend wrote that he was going to a party dressed up like Jesus.

When he got there, he was dressed up like a gardener.

I wore a crazy cat lady costume. I got a lot of laughs because I brought a bunch of stuffed cats I planted all over the place and kept giving them cat food. I suspect people were laughing at me because I really might look like a crazy cat lady in real life. :-)

Posted by: familyfirst ( )
Date: October 30, 2011 02:52PM

Once I went as a sheep. We had to go as something biblical and I didn't want to be like the masses who put white powder in their hair and wore their bathrobe backwards so I made a sheep costume. White shirt, pants and ears glued with gobs and gobs of cotton balls. I left white fuzz where ever I went that night.

Wonder woman was my best costume...loved it. I rented that one so I had the complete outfit.

I've been Harpo Marx, a fairy (wings and all), a harem girl, a witch (all outside of LDS) and I can't remember what else.

Posted by: tsawyer2 ( )
Date: October 30, 2011 08:53PM

You should be thankful you didn't wear that sheep costume in a county I had to drive through in Arkansas one time......

Posted by: elee ( )
Date: October 30, 2011 02:54PM

One year, my husband and I went as a Civil War Era couple, Scarlett and Beauregard. I had the full hoop skirt and everything. First, I got hung up in the turnstile at the liquor store and had to have an employee help me out. Then, I couldn't sit down the entire party because of the stupid hoops.

I've had several really great costumes. Awhile back, I posted a link to a picture of me and two of my friends the year we went as the Trinity. I was JC.

Last year, my son and I went as characters from The Holy Grail. He was Sir Bedevere and I was Tim The Enchanter.

This year, I am Billie Joe Armstrong from Green Day because I didn't have the time to put together much of a costume. Rats. But I did look good at the costume party last night. :)

Date: October 30, 2011 03:21PM

I was just thinking about how I would dress up as my Mormon self.

Let's see -- helmet hair, an apron with a bazillion pockets, sleeves rolled up and hands all dusted with flour. I would be carrying a Tupperware cake-taker with a hold in the top for my candybag.

And pants with pantyhose underneath and flats.

And jewelry made up of medallion photos of my children.

Anagrammy

Date: October 30, 2011 05:51PM

Thanks for the link--what a fun time! Did you ask the people who were upset if they allowed someone to "offend" them?

Ana

Date: October 30, 2011 08:54PM

i really like that picture....looking so Jesus like with the beer and all.

Posted by: Itzpapalotl ( )
Date: October 30, 2011 03:17PM

I've had some really great costumes and I generally keep them all just in case.

One year I went as Vampirella, and yes I was a little cold.
I've been Catwoman a few times- Once as the Tim Burton version and the 40's version

I once went as a "fallen angel" where I made it look like I was shot out of the sky. My favourite costume is a peacock which is really, really cute. This year I bought bat wings and I'll probably wear them while handing out candy tomorrow night.

Posted by: marisa ( )
Date: October 30, 2011 03:37PM

We dressed as John and Lorena Bobbit. I wore a large plastic-encased sausage attached to string that was around my neck. My husband had two large band-aids taped in an X-formation on his crotch.

Posted by: Longout ( )
Date: October 30, 2011 03:47PM

This was post bio field trip with bio dept to the Nevada desert, complete with tufted tail and big eyes. I scampered through the building on Halloween. Science makes me creative

Posted by: serena ( )
Date: October 30, 2011 04:17PM

Dress with huge shoulder pads, big hair, lipstick drawn outside the natural line of my lips, big cross around my neck and of course a prominently displayed King James Bible. I wore it to a party with a lot of sincere fundamentalist Christians attending, but not all. It was great.

The worst was when I was a witch with a big Quasimodo-like hump on my back that kept falling off. It was ridiculous.

Once, when I worked at a neurology clinic, I dressed up as Madge Finkelheimer, the Patient Greeter. I shuffled around in slippers, support stockings that sagged around my ankles, a housedress, curlers, big bugeyed glasses halfway down my nose, a baggy cardigan with kleenex shoved up the sleeves, that kept falling out, and an unlit cigarette barely hanging on my lips that I talked around in a raucous, nasally voice. It was a hoot. Most of the office dressed up that day.

Tommorrow I'm going to help out at my son's school and I'll be trailing him while he goes trick-or-treating, while husband mans the door this time. I'm a death-eater and my son is Aragog, the giant spider. I must say I did an awesome job on his costume. He's very creepy looking in it!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/30/2011 04:19PM by serena.

Posted by: jpt ( )
Date: October 30, 2011 05:07PM

Not a church party obviously, but I dressed up as female at a work Halloween party. Just once, not a habit mind you.

But it was well done; I went to a professional and got everything to match -- clothes, makeup, hair, etc. Threw my voice up a notch through the evening and tried my best to play the role.

OMG... what an experience. Guys certainly acted differently to the "new me" than the real me. And it was hilarious when after the guys were "friendly" to me, I'd start talking normally and reveal my true self. Yes, they were embarrassed. And there were a few who refused to believe it was really me.

It's much easier going out being a guy. :-)

Posted by: Ex-CultMember ( )
Date: October 30, 2011 05:28PM

I went as an evil ringmaster. I wore black leather pants with a crazy orange and green plaid type polyester shirt. Painted my face. I had a black leather whip. I am 6'3" and I wore black boots with 6 inch heels and a top hat. Very intimidating. People were STARING at me.

Posted by: Anonymous User ( )
Date: October 30, 2011 05:30PM

I have a genuine Saudi Arabian thobe and headscarf with the coiled thing to put on top of the head.

Its my go-to costume, but I try to do something a bit more current/timely. Two years ago I went as Falcon, the kid who was supposedly lost in the balloon.

Last night, I went to a neighbour's party as a pregnant polygamous wife. I had a turn of the century gingham dress, a wig styled the way Warren Jeff's wives do their hair, a 1920 BOM and a baby doll with a really creepy talking voice.

Posted by: janebond462 ( )
Date: October 30, 2011 06:25PM

My very talented best friend made me a costume of a jar of Skippy peanut butter one year out of two hula hoops, fabric & paint. Seriously cool costume but it was a bitch to try and sit down in (forget about driving in it!)

Date: October 30, 2011 08:56PM

My best was well...let's just say my ex-wife was a size 7...and so am I. Lingerie that is....

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.