Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Icanseethelight ( )
Date: October 30, 2011 01:53PM

In SM there were 3 talks about tithing, and tithing settlement. It is a commandment and prerequisite for salvation is what was taught. The final speaker told a story about a man who was going to give his money to charity instead of the church. His Bishop told him he was being free with gods money. And then he told us god is a preferred debtor, we are to pay him first. Guilt, manipulation, and fear. All in 20 minutes. Why can't she see what they are doing? Now in SS we are talking about giving it all to the church. Not god, the church. I call BULLSHIT. My wife just left to go to the store. My daughter told her yesterday she does not believe. I hVe to hope that she will quit relying on feelings alone and actually use her mind. I do not have much hope.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: October 30, 2011 10:55PM

The church IS the true God of most Mormons. They will totally ignore the biblical God to protect their club - or their secret combination, if you prefer. And right now, the church is really putting the screws into the members about money. They are tightening budgets and harping about tithing constantly. Or temples - our first minion in the bishopric is always, always talking about how temples are the great symbol of our religion. That's because temples are used to extort money out of the membership. Maybe the local leadership doesn't have the truth of this figured out but the upper management of the church does and that's what they are pushing. And that's why. The ward folk simply obey orders from on high.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/30/2011 10:56PM by CA girl.

Posted by: The StalkerDog™ ( )
Date: October 30, 2011 11:55PM

Posted by: abby ( )
Date: October 31, 2011 12:11AM

I'm sorry. I have to laugh. Your wife just left to go to the store? On a Sunday? Is she TBM?

Posted by: honestone ( )
Date: October 31, 2011 01:21AM

That is so sad. God would be happy if you gave to the homeless, the sick, the war veterans, any of the charities dealing with diseases ( heart, lung, cancer ) and many others. Who are they to tell YOU how you can give and to whom??? That is the big reason I could never be a Mormon. My church leaves us alone in regards to our giving. WE will get a sermon maybe twice a yr. but never are we humiliated or brought in to "discuss" our giving. Only Mormons put up with that. If only Mormons would stand up for themselves. If only!!!

Posted by: forestpal ( )
Date: October 31, 2011 03:29AM

"God's" money? This is blasphemy! Stupid men are telling God how to spend his money. They're also saying that church and God are one in the same. God and the mall. What a manipulative cult.

"If ye do it unto the least of these, my people, ye do it unto me." This verse doesn't mention any temple buildings, malls, land, business acquisitions, political lobbying, or Madison Avenue advertising expenses.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/31/2011 03:30AM by forestpal.

Posted by: axeldc ( )
Date: October 31, 2011 06:43AM

If it were truly God's money, it would be shipped to the members in South America to improve their lives.

Why isn't there a BYU-Brazil or Mexico? They have enough members. Why isn't the LDS Church building universities for its members in Latin America so they can get ahead? BYU is almost exclusively white in Provo and Rexburg.

For the $3 billion they are spending on another mall in Provo, LDS, Inc. could have built a Spanish and a Portugese university for its South American members.

Posted by: axeldc ( )
Date: October 31, 2011 06:41AM

LDS, Inc. is more interested in tithing than in charity, community, or any other human improvement project. They need more money to build malls and other failed business projects. It's like handing Exxon 10% of your income so they can make a profit elsewhere.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.