Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: October 31, 2011 12:08PM

Currently my look could be called "What Mormons think happens to exmos" i.e. no makeup, old sweats, messy hair, clinging to a cup of coffee like it was a lifeboat from the Titanic. But it's not really a costume - I just had a late night yesterday. LOL

Anybody have any clever costume ideas?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: October 31, 2011 12:12PM

I was going door to door with grandchildren as a tavern madame, however, I am down with a terrible cold. So I will be watching Halloween on TV.

Damn. The only real holiday for those of us anxiously engaged in the service of Satan and I'm going to miss it.

Anagrammy

Posted by: Misfit ( )
Date: October 31, 2011 12:31PM

Today I'm dressing up as a happily married man with no family problems whatsoever. Tomorrow I go back to reality.

Saturday I dressed up in jeans and a long-sleeved black shirt, and a day's worth of beard. No one got that I was dressed as Steve Jobs. I guess I needed a bald head and round glasses to complete the effect.

Posted by: get her done ( )
Date: October 31, 2011 01:01PM

I am going trick or treat in my garments only..Pay lay ale

Posted by: Anonymous User ( )
Date: October 31, 2011 01:08PM

Dress up like JS and take 6 or more teenage girls with you as wives. Have them introduce themselves. I'm ---- and I am 16, JS's --th wife of the prophet and I am a Mormon.

Posted by: Anonymous User ( )
Date: October 31, 2011 01:09PM

Posted by: Grits ( )
Date: October 31, 2011 01:23PM

I've dressed as one of Kody's sister wives. I have on a long sleeved shirt and over it I am wearing my little thin-strapped, low cut camisole.

Posted by: anonforthis ( )
Date: October 31, 2011 01:38PM

Considering putting a frying pan down my pants and going as peter pan.. and not get fired on Halloween.

Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: October 31, 2011 01:44PM

Posted by: my2cents ( )
Date: October 31, 2011 02:17PM

Not dressing up today, but on Saturday night my wife and I went to a Halloween party dressed as Carl and Ellie Fredrickson from the movie "UP". We are both a bit too tall for those parts, but the ballons and square glasses helped nail it...

Posted by: escapee ( )
Date: October 31, 2011 02:28PM

I"ve dressed up as a caring dog nurse in long sleeved Tshirt and jeans. I may dress down a little later on. Maybe flannel pants.

Susan

Posted by: cskawi ( )
Date: October 31, 2011 02:38PM

Planning to rock my perry the platypus shirt for my halloween costume lol

Posted by: vasalissasdoll ( )
Date: October 31, 2011 04:01PM

A fairly convenient way to re-work some of my Steampunk duds.

Posted by: I believed this once, years ago.. ( )
Date: October 31, 2011 04:26PM

+1 love for the Steampunk!

Posted by: kolobian ( )
Date: October 31, 2011 04:28PM

I was so tempted to go for the Samuel the Lamanite get-up but I chickened out. This is arizona, after all. I don't want to get stuck in a conference room with HR...

Posted by: miserable in Utah County ( )
Date: October 31, 2011 04:34PM

Last year my exmo sister and I were polygamists! It was so freakin hilarious, we had the dresses with pants underneath, the hair, no makeup EVERYTHING! My sisters exmo husband was Warren Jeffs and he wore an orange jumpsuit with prisoner number 1832. Needless to say we offended several mo's at a family party! I wish i could post pics!!

Posted by: quebec ( )
Date: October 31, 2011 04:51PM

Sorry no time for Holloween, I'm working with Mexicans so were getting ready for Día de los Muertos

Posted by: HooeyMinns ( )
Date: October 31, 2011 11:00PM

What's it like being LDS in Quebec? I assume you are/were LDS from a previous post about missionary work.

I've been to Quebec twice now. It's the *least* LDS place I've ever been (I've never been to Europe). I think I forgot the LDS Church even existed a couple times in Quebec.

I went to Montreal with a friend to visit her gay son who was living with a female heterosexual college student. No raised eyebrows, stinkeyes, or sidelong glances. Just people being who they really are without any need to pretend, or hide from truth to keep up appearances. The only thing my friend wanted her son to be was happy. They were all nominally Catholic, but probably hadn't been to mass in years. No one had any desire to show me any Catholic cathedrals or shrines (though I'm sure they would have if I'd asked), teach me about Catholicism, or even know which religion (if any) I considered mine. All that Catholic stuff was just in the background, and while certainly a part of their heritage, didn't play any role in dictating how they chose to live their lives or feel about themselves. Not that I have any desire to become a Catholic, but it seemed the Catholic Church hadn't left these people scarred, mind-fucked, and guilt-ridden like the LDS Church seems to leave so many of its former practicing members.

Too bad it's so damn cold up there.

Posted by: Prism ( )
Date: October 31, 2011 05:06PM

I'm going as a pregnant sister missionary - I guess I'll see how that one goes over in Utah County.

Posted by: kolobian ( )
Date: October 31, 2011 05:25PM

Posted by: quebec ( )
Date: October 31, 2011 05:28PM

Posted by: Heidi GWOTR ( )
Date: October 31, 2011 05:31PM

Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: October 31, 2011 06:03PM

I love my Rathman :). The dogs are going to be Bride and Groom. My boy has a new tux and Angel has a lovely beaded lace wedding gown and veil. If I can get her to leave the veil on. This will be her first Halloween and I am not so sure what she is going to do. I will have a tight hold on both leads and DH will hand out the candy.

Everyone remember to take their dogs out early and make sure they are secure before the kids come around. And PLEASE folks, if you take your dog out to walk around with you and the kids DO NOT TAKE THEM UP TO THE DOORS.

Posted by: Raptor Jesus ( )
Date: October 31, 2011 06:17PM

Posted by: Hermes ( )
Date: October 31, 2011 09:18PM

I'm going as the "Drink-til-I'm-Green Arrow"...my girlfriend is "Blackout Canary"...drinking themed costumes is a tradition of ours.

Posted by: Whiskey_Tango ( )
Date: October 31, 2011 11:14PM

Posted by: ginger ( )
Date: November 01, 2011 12:58AM

I dressed as a 1960s Mod. It was fun, especially since I have quite the plethora of clothes. It was no problem finding the right dress. I love Halloween!

Posted by: exmollymo ( )
Date: November 01, 2011 01:47AM

Sick in bed! My neighbor took my kids trick-or-treating because my husband is gone for a few weeks.

I'm sad I was sick and missed it. I have a dachshund and he had a hot dog costume. He didn't wear it, but stayed and cuddled with me.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.