Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Pkdfan2 ( )
Date: November 02, 2011 06:56PM

In a show aired last Sunday the family went back to Wyoming where Kody was raised and met with his Mormon friends.

I'd like to hear from anyone who watched it to make sure I understood it correctly. It was the part where his buddy said it was OK that the polygamist family visited, but Kody better not start 'proselyting' about his faith because as a former Mormon missionary he "knew all the tricks."

The buddy backed off that remark but I thought it was astonishing. Thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: November 02, 2011 07:08PM

So they are moving from Las Vegas? Didn't they just move there?

Anagrammy

Posted by: pkdfan2 ( )
Date: November 02, 2011 07:18PM

Posted by: emma ( )
Date: November 02, 2011 07:22PM

I watched it. The guy said he didn't want kody confusing him by using mormon material against him. Something like that anyway. I loved how one of the girls there called him out on it. So its ok for you to prosyletize them but not the other way around? Hypocrite much.

Posted by: Rebeckah ( )
Date: November 02, 2011 07:29PM

sisterwivesblog.blogspot.com

Posted by: Longout ( )
Date: November 03, 2011 04:52PM

They are discussing doctrines and testimonies, etc.. This is mainstream TV (TLC) but are nevermo's getting any of this? There's a kid in a bikini on the boat in Wyoming. The whole thing is bizarre. While Kody was on his mission his parents converted (using term loosely) but the LDS town is rejecting the polygs. It's years and decades of doctrination to reject polygamy, but without giving up polygamy, Utah wouldn't have gained Statehood.

Posted by: Moira (NotLoggedIn) ( )
Date: November 03, 2011 05:47PM

I thought it was very interesting and had a lot of questions, also.

When his friend said that Kody was going to hell, did he mean Outer Darkness because he supposedly had the truth and knew it and rejected it?

When one of Kody's wives said she was furious about what the regular Mormons were saying and wanted to pull out both the BOM and the Bible to show where polygamy was supported. Doesn't the BOM condemn it?

What about when one high school classmate said that people thought Kody was gay because he cared about appearances (and his hair, still does.)? That cracked me up. Another classmate said she wasn't surprised he became a polygamist because he always wanted to be the center of attention.

I think this was one of the best episodes.

Moira

Posted by: lacus_stellae ( )
Date: November 03, 2011 06:36PM

I thought it was very interesting that, for all of it that they do, nobody could pronounce "proselytizing."

Posted by: Longout ( )
Date: November 03, 2011 06:46PM

This generation doesn't know there is an original BoM or what it contains. They are carefully instructed about what to read in their own literature. I'm not sure the Pearl of Great Price is there anymore, or what has been edited, nor word of wisdom. This program really illustrated their fear.

Besides, they don't really want to know. They don't want to know that the FLDS WAS AND IS following the tenets of Mormonism as it was invented by Joseph Smith, and if you attempt to educate a TBM you are going to be quickly identified as "Anti." This is why old BoMs are so expensive and rare.

Posted by: sonoma ( )
Date: November 03, 2011 07:51PM

I thought that I was watching Dumb and Dumber!

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: November 03, 2011 07:55PM

I have to say I enjoy the show. I guess it is like watching a train wreck--rubber necking?!?!

This past week, the "real" children of Kody were picking on Robyn's kids because they aren't his "real" children.

There must be SO MUCH we don't see.

Posted by: Don Bagley ( )
Date: November 03, 2011 07:57PM

Good episode. The pot (Kody's friend) called the kettle black. FLDS is nothing more than old school LDS. I love the denials. Mormons have got to be some of the most willfully ignorant people in our society. Kody and his wives are a real wake up call. I'll watch this show again.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.