Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: moira ( )
Date: November 07, 2011 01:23PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: November 07, 2011 02:34PM

Awkward!

Yes, it was a great game. My coworkers remain optimistic and praised the team for how hard they played. They are not talking about football as much as usual today.

I had to leave early to go to the dentist. That's a whole different story. The dentist informed me today that the reason the coach of Penn State molested kids is.....(wait for it) gays and atheists!

Yup. He said that back in the 50s sodomy was against the law. "Now the gays and the godless have lowered the moral standards of our country. This exposes people like the coach of Penn state to ideas that cause sin."

I'm proud of myself for my self restraint!

The day before the football game, I was walking around in the mall. Complete strangers would pass each other and say, "Roll Tide." They truly support their teams here.

Thanks for asking, Moira! Congratulations to LSU!

Posted by: steve benson ( )
Date: November 07, 2011 02:54PM

Q: What's the difference between Joe Paterno and Tom Osborne?

A: One coaches Penn State; the other coaches the State Pen.

Ha. Now it looks like Penn State's in the same pen. :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/07/2011 02:55PM by steve benson.

Posted by: moira ( )
Date: November 07, 2011 04:11PM

Just had to say that. Dagny, if it were me going to that dentist and I had no other choice in the matter (if he was a great dentist), I would be asking for nitrous each and every time I saw him. (I actually do that anyway as I had a rough dentist in small town Utah as a child.) It's amazing what it can do for discomfort, physical or mental.

Moira

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: November 07, 2011 08:17PM

I was thinking "Geaux Tigers" while watching that last kick. My family loved your joke by the way.

Thanks for your suggestion. Yeah, nitrous would be a good thing. Happy gas keeps me happy at the dentist. He does appear to do good work. Hopefully I won't see him very often!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.