Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: goldenrule ( )
Date: November 09, 2011 08:16PM

A few days ago...

"I'm a proud mama today! C got up in Sacrament Meeting all by himself, his own choice and own words, and bore his testimony!"

Ew, GAG me. Seriously. The kid is 6 years old. Choice? Not when it's what you've been brainwashed to do since birth. Yes, I distinctly remember this friend asking me for tips on how to get her 4 year old Sunbeam to MEMORIZE his testimony.

And let me guess what the kids OWN words were...I'd like to bear my testimony, I know this church is true, I love my mommy and daddy, in the name of Jesus Christ Amen.

Ugh. Deluded much? I do not think the word 'choice'means what you think it means.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: The StalkerDog™ ( )
Date: November 09, 2011 08:26PM

Reminds me of a beagle I used to know. Did this wah-woo barking thing that his people swore meant "love you!" He tole me it didn't mean nuthin but ever time he did it they gave him a piece of cheese so yeah, he'd do it anytime! I would too, I love cheese.

Betcha that poor kid don't get no cheese though.

Posted by: jasonian ( )
Date: November 09, 2011 08:38PM

I effing hate the expression "bear testimony". It feels so unnatural. Why can't people just use the simple verb for it? Testify? Far easier and shorter too than the "bear testimony"?

Maybe they mean "This is my 'bare' testimony" (as in "this and only this is my testimony"). I doubt they mean "the bear testimony" (the animal).

It seems that bearing a testimony is an LDS terminology. In most other contexts, when "bear" is used, the word "witness" is used.

"I bear witness that..."

Effin stoopid.

Posted by: Makurosu ( )
Date: November 09, 2011 09:04PM

That would explain the crying.

Posted by: JoD3:360 ( )
Date: November 09, 2011 10:06PM

Posted by: LDS Child ( )
Date: November 09, 2011 09:01PM

...I know dis chuch is twoo. I know duh Book a Momon is twoo. I wuv my mommy and my daddy. In duh name of Jesus Chwist, Amen.

Oh, my mommy and daddy ah so pwoud of me fo beawing my testimony all by mysef!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.