Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: dominikki ( )
Date: November 09, 2011 10:35PM

So tonight my friend got some visitors. Two men dressed in jeans and t-shirts, kind of rugged looking, came to her door and asked her if Megan Benjamin lived there. She told them no and they said they were from the ward. My friend said sorry don't know a Megan. She said the walked towards her, like they were going to try to come in the house, then her husband walked up behind her and they backed away and said "we'll tell the bishop that Megan doesn't live here."
Mormon's always do house calls in suits, not jeans. And the fact that they tried to come in the house not knowing if "the man of the house" was home but then backed away when they saw her husband kind of worries me. Have any of you heard of anything like this? Do you guys think this is something sinister or is it just mormons being creepy? Any thoughts?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: nomilk ( )
Date: November 10, 2011 12:03AM

Wonder if they were Mormons? Do you live in the mountain time zone ( aka happy valley)?

Mormons are so used to having people they don't know comes over that someone might have picked up on that and use that to get into home to rob or hurt people.

It might be nothing, but unless they were going over to help do yard work and just got the wrong address, I'd be wary.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: November 10, 2011 12:06AM

Posted by: Mia ( )
Date: November 10, 2011 12:22AM

That would make me very nervous. I might even call the bishop about that one. I can't believe i said that!

Posted by: dominikki ( )
Date: November 10, 2011 12:32AM

nomilk, we live behind the zion curtain but not happy valley. They definately were not trying to help with lawn work because it was dark outside! I asked DH to find out who the bishop for that ward is so my friend can ask him if he sent the men over and if he did not to do it again.
Dave, it sounded to me like they were casing the joint too! I've NEVER heard of mo's going to someones home in less than their best dressed. I think it's one of their unofficial rules, possibly even an official one! I told my friend to keep her doors locked!

Posted by: They don't want me back ( )
Date: November 10, 2011 05:54AM

at least the police can drive around the area and keep an eye out for these guys and find out what they're up to.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: November 10, 2011 08:39AM

This is a safety issue. Has she never heard of home invasions? We've had a few of them in my county, and this is generally a pretty safe area. She can talk to those people through the door if she wishes.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/10/2011 08:41AM by summer.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.