Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Tabula Rasa ( )
Date: November 09, 2011 02:22PM

"Investigators say the driver, from Mexico, later surrendered at a port of entry. He will face felony charges of failing to render aid. Police say they know who the other two suspects are and are working to find them."

And there you have it.

Just sayin'...

Ron

As a side note, I speak Spanish, love the latino culture and don't have an axe to grind with any latino, legal or not.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: November 09, 2011 02:33PM

Then there will be the follow up on the charges.

My condolences to the families that lost a loved one.

Posted by: Cristina ( )
Date: November 09, 2011 02:36PM

When you initially said undocumented or illegal aliens, some responded that you were talking about hispanics. I never assume that means hispanics, but rather illegal aliens. It's the truth that many people who feel they have the right to enter illegally also feel they have the right to drive unlicensed and uninsured and without having ever taken a driver education course in their lives.

Posted by: Inverso ( )
Date: November 09, 2011 03:02PM

Driving w/out a license happens NOT because of a sense of entitlement, but rather because going to the DMV will get people deported these days. Even ten years ago this wasn't the case--drivers' ed and licensing was available to everyone without proof of residency. It made for safer highways.

Posted by: anon for this ( )
Date: November 10, 2011 12:58PM

If you are in this country illegally you SHOULD feel as though you might get caught when applying for a driver's license. And why not???? If you are willing to slip across a national border illegally, typically you have no qualms about ignoring other parts of the law...like not stealing identities or the requirement to have car insurance.

Posted by: forestpal ( )
Date: November 09, 2011 02:45PM

This accident is especially sad, because at their point of death, those two boys had no choice of where they were and what they were doing. They were blindly following orders. Often, in Mormon meetings and classes, missionaries are referred to as soldiers, warriors, and as "The Armies of Helaman". They are attackers, but there is no real defense of Country going on. Mormonism and their missionary program is arbitrary, and helter-skelter. The leaders pretend it is all organized--and based on "impressions" from God Himself--and under control. In reality, it is more like a computerized crap-shoot, where these boys end up, and TSCC doesn't really care about the individual.

My nephew and my female cousin were sent to missions that were so dangerous, that those missions were actually shut down. Both of these missionaries said they were "advised" to not write home about the dangerous close calls they had. My nephew did write to me about the murders that took place in the same apartment building they were living in--but only after they had moved out of the building.

I add my condolences to the families. As a parent, it is hard to be separated from your children--let alone be completely isolated for two years. I'm sure the parents were unaware of the repeated danger these missionaries were facing every day. My cousin's and nephew's parents had no clue, until their missions were suddenly closed down.

I must admit, that my tears dry a little, when I hope and pray that these parents don't send any more of their children out on missions....

Posted by: kimball ( )
Date: November 09, 2011 05:18PM

Tragic loss, no doubt about it. My sympathies to the families.

And with that... I guess magic underwear and prayers from countless mormons don't protect 19-21 year olds on missions any more than their non-mormon counterparts. Oh wait, I guess the church understands this by giving them helmets and having them obey all kinds of safety rules. Maybe if they can drive the statistics down, the sheeple will truly believe the mishies are being protected.

I really wish someone would conduct a statistical study called "does prayer work?"

Posted by: Hopw come u guys r so blind!!!11 ( )
Date: November 10, 2011 11:33AM

How come ou are just doing nothing but criticizing this!!!!!!!....... do u actually have any idea about the families and what they feel!.........?? you don't know anything abnout the beleifs. and just point out osme things you would never do coz' you lack of faith... of course it's easy to stand up for the cause!... but do you know that accidents happen even when you are not a missionarie...... you can alwayas criticize.. but you don't really know anything I was there...... in that place....... some years ago.. and let me tell you it was a priviledge.....and a rewarding time.... you don't see thing.... that's why you criticize..... but what would happened if you did===??? I have seen the blessings of odin that missionary work for 2 years..... and trust me ... danger is everywhere....... not only there!!! whatever do the simple thing...... criticize but how about the hard one????? to actually think about how they feel and you will be surprised!!!!!!!!!!1--------- thanks!

Posted by: Raptor Jesus ( )
Date: November 10, 2011 11:36AM

Posted by: Tabula Rasa ( )
Date: November 10, 2011 11:42AM

Oh, shut the hell up! Nobody here cares if you were in Donna, TX or not. Nobody here cares that you were a missionary either. And, nobody here cares that you think about our treatment of this topic is indelicate. Of course we feel for their families and, yes, we know EXACTLY what they believed.. We were all (well, virtually all) Mormons at one point or another.

I was a missionary too. I was in a bishopric, the high council, Stake Mission Leader... the whole nine yards. Blindness? Look in the mirror...oh, wait, now who's blind?

Ron

Posted by: nomilk ( )
Date: November 10, 2011 12:25PM

If you use all your ... === --- !!! now, you're not gonna have anyleft over for New Years Day.

( you know, for the rant about end of world comming soon, partying and whooping it up )

Posted by: Rod ( )
Date: November 10, 2011 12:29PM

"doing nothing but criticize" - - This is the 2nd thread on the topic, and I've seen many heartfelt expressions about this tragedy expressed. Reason being, although we don't know the families personally, we all know what it's like to lose a loved one. This is also "RFM", and yes, we all know a great deal about what the mormons believe. Clearly you have unresolved issues. You are questioning your religion because instead reading the BOM like a good latter day saint, you are on an exmo site. The guilt that you have for communicating with us must be enormous, because as you know, one of the temple recommend questions refers to whether you associate with members of apostate groups. See your Bishop now and confess my son.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: November 10, 2011 03:47PM

Hopw come u guys r so blind!!!11 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I have seen the blessings of odin

I am so glad that you have seen the blessings of Odin. I think that it is a wonderful thing when people return to the ancient beliefs of their Norse ancestors. Thank you so much for sharing that with us.

I personally have a testimony of Thor. Now *that's* a god!

Posted by: bignevermo ( )
Date: November 10, 2011 12:34PM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.