Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: snb ( )
Date: November 10, 2011 06:40PM

Apparently, according to the tscc, I've been married now for 7 years. They have just finally gotten around to annulling the sealing between me and my blushing Mormon bride that I haven't seen in about 4 years.

Yes, that is right. For the past four years while I have been drinking and whoring and traveling. Also I have been married to a girl I hardly know anymore.

Just now, finally, I am divorced and free to move on.

The brethren, bless their hearts, were also kind enough to tell me that they care about me and have a concern for my well being.

The sad thing is, I always thought they would try and excommunicate me. Perhaps they used to, and I am a little sad they still don't.

Anyways, I just wanted everybody to know. This seemed like something we could enjoy around here. Everyone, feel free to have a drink for me and my seven year failed marriage...even though it only failed for me in third year.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Heresy ( )
Date: November 10, 2011 06:49PM

spots a little. It's far more important to them that God's records are right than for you to be able to move on without the memories being thrown back at you.

I will have one more chocolate covered cherry in honor of your freedom.

Posted by: Calypso ( )
Date: November 10, 2011 06:55PM

Wine in your honor! Congrats that the tedious process is finally over, but I'm sorry for the whole failed marriage part. Good things fall apart so better things can fall together:)

Posted by: deconverted2010 ( )
Date: November 10, 2011 07:15PM

Cheers to you, with a glass of water, you one step farther away from the lds church grip.

I'm guessing you are a male at maybe close to 30 or early 30's and now single (even if 4 years late in paper), and that makes you a hot commodity! Enjoy. =)

Posted by: Longout ( )
Date: November 10, 2011 07:50PM

A decent wine as well. Best wishes. Party now, 'cause you aren't going to get your own planet later.

Posted by: forestpal ( )
Date: November 11, 2011 03:17AM

I tried for 30 years to get a temple divorce from my monster ex-husband, who battered me and almost killed me for 14 hellish months.

After 30 years of getting the run-around, I came onto RFM to find out why the rules kept changing, and why each new bishop or new stake president told me they would help me, only to tell me a few months later that there was nothing they could do.

I finally formally resigned, and in my resignation letter, I told them that "all temple ordinances are null and void, including my temple marriage." They never had any real "authority" to keep me sealed to anyone. It was and is all a hoax.

That was 4 years ago, and I'm still celebrating! I lift my glass for both of us! Cheers, and never again!

Posted by: honestone ( )
Date: November 11, 2011 11:29AM

I will have a drink for you and the Vets every day this wkend. Cheers. Glad you are free of the bride and the "organization".

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.