Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: anon1234567 ( )
Date: November 15, 2011 01:46AM

Miracle of Forgiveness .. was given this book at age of 12 and I read it several times. The following was the main sex education that I recieved when I grew up.

"Prophets anciently and today condemn masturbation. It induces feelings of guilt and shame. It is detrimental to spirituality. It indicates slavery to the flesh, not that mastery of it and the growth toward godhood which is the object of our mortal life. Our modern prophet has indicated that no young man should be called on a mission who is not free from this practice. What is more, it too often leads to grievous sin, even to that sin against nature, homosexuality. For, done in private, it evolves often into mutual masturbation-practiced with another person of the same sex and thence into total homosexuality...."
- Prophet Spencer W. Kimball, "The Miracle of Forgiveness, Pages 77-79, 81-82.

When I was 19 I delayed going on my mission because I was suicidal over masturbating one or two times during my first year of college. This book really messed with my mind.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: quatermass ( )
Date: November 15, 2011 01:50AM

The sheer *damage* that Mormonism can do ... it amazes me at times.

Seriously, I think Kimball was a rather disturbed individual.

Posted by: ymountain ( )
Date: November 15, 2011 01:54AM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! My favorite part is: "it too often leads to grievous sin, even to that sin against nature, homosexuality. For, done in private, it evolves often into mutual masturbation-practiced with another person of the same sex and thence into total homosexuality...." Oh really, SWK? Then why isn't EVERY man gay?

Posted by: jackol ( )
Date: November 15, 2011 02:05AM

I too had this book and the pamphlet they had back then given to me. My Bishop threatened to not let me go on a mission because of masturbation. He later let me go on time, but not before putting me through tons of guilt and shame for it. I went a few months without the sacrament and he did delay my ability to get my endowments because of it. I also had to call him immediately after any occurrences, night or day, he didn't care he wanted me to call right away. It was a very stressful 6 months trying to finish college finals, preparing for a mission and dealing with all that.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: November 15, 2011 02:16AM

shame & guilt aren't always this blatant in Morland/ChurchCo.

when involving a married couple, there's always the suggestion that THE TWO should be nearly identical in their beliefs AND in conformance/compliance.

the True object of ChurchCo is rather transparent, isn't it?

IOW, they Bully people around to get the results they want.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/15/2011 02:23AM by guynoirprivateeye.

Posted by: Calypso ( )
Date: November 15, 2011 07:38AM

wtf? This is the kind of quote we need to make go viral haha that is beyond ridiculous!! They always try to defend their anti gay accusations but that right there is pretty revealing..

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.