Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: gracewarrior ( )
Date: November 15, 2011 01:43PM

I have read on many threads that resignations are on the rise. Apparently Dodge's office has needed more staff to keep up with the resignations coming in.

Also, the quality of converts seems to be stifled. When I served my US mish in 2002-2004... I had 4 baptisms. None of the baptisms were well educated, wealthy, or had professional occupations.

My third point is I believe that TSCC has hit saturation point in the US. Most doors have been knocked on numerous times.

Anyone else have any input or evidence of the decline?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: darth jesus ( )
Date: November 15, 2011 04:09PM

most likely the cult is in decline in the US. it's certainly in decline all over the world. hence the need for advertising everywhere from the 'internets' to TV to radio shows, etc.

sort of going off topic, but the primary reason for missionary efforts and advertising is not because they want more members as in number of people. they need their money for whatever they want to build -perhaps a new jerusalem in missouri.

they want fully devoted members (they've always said that anyway so no big insight there) but also they want influential devoted members with of money.

fact:
missions in southamerica such as chile, argentina, brasil where it's like middle class america (actually it looks more like europe), missionaries are being told to target young professionals.

"the reason is because the church needs tithing money, the poor countries or the poor members in general are not contributing enough to the expansion of the kingdom of god here on earth." quote from a mission president here in hawaii (2008)

Posted by: dressclothes ( )
Date: November 15, 2011 04:12PM

> they need their money for whatever they
> want to build -perhaps a new jerusalem in
> missouri.

Or for a Jerusalem replica in Goshen.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/15/2011 04:12PM by dressclothes.

Posted by: Quoth the Raven "Nevermo" ( )
Date: November 15, 2011 04:18PM

darth jesus Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> "the reason is because the church needs tithing
> money, the poor countries or the poor members in
> general are not contributing enough to the
> expansion of the kingdom of god here on earth."
> quote from a mission president here in hawaii
> (2008)

WTF? They NEED the tithing money? TSSC has a higher donation rate than any other church in the US, WTF do they do with all that money?

Date: November 15, 2011 04:26PM

who knows what they want to build.

but why is it such a big surprise?

here in hawaii alone they bought the whole town of laie -years ago though, built the shopping mall also in laie, they recently bought the ranch between laie and kahuku, they own the polynesian cultural center, they are expanding the laie-inn (which is an old hotel)

i've heard they are building a mall in utah somewhere. they own properties there, in the UK, etc.

the mormon cult is a business like coca-cola, walmart, nike, etc. so of course they want more money.

what is the main, end goal? why building, buying this and that?
the new jerusalem is meant to be made of gold so there you go. how's that for speculation.

:)

Posted by: captainmoroni ( )
Date: November 15, 2011 04:19PM

Right. They told us not to teach drunks, singles, or sinners. They don't want welfare cases. They wanted us to get families who would raise little missionaries. I went on a mission to a third world country that provides a large percentage of the church's missionaries. That is what they want.

However, they don't put any money into the poor missions. They made us pay for our own medicine and we had no cars or cell phones or anything else that would help in the work.

On the other hand, missionaries in California (who are targeting the rich) get iPhones and nice, new Mazdas. I kid you not.

Posted by: sgc ( )
Date: November 15, 2011 05:41PM

captainmoroni Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Right. They told us not to teach drunks, singles,
> or sinners. They don't want welfare cases.

Aren't those exactly the people that Jesus sought out?

Date: November 15, 2011 06:30PM

nah don't worry about technicalities man...that's way minor.

we'll wait until they die in the streets then we'll baptize them by proxy. see? god's plan is perfect.

we don't want the poor. we want money damn it. we need to expand the kingdom.

"my kingdom IS of this world"

:)

Posted by: luminouswatcher ( )
Date: November 15, 2011 10:09PM

No, when he said that he was speaking as a man, not as the Messiah and Savior.

Posted by: captainmoroni ( )
Date: November 15, 2011 04:12PM

Yeah. Go to the Cumorah.com website in the ""missiology" section and they have a nice statistical analysis on the church. It estimates that only 22% of TBM children remain active throughout their lives. 44% return after a year or more of inactivity. 19% are still pretty inactive, but express nominal belief. 14% are ex-mos who haven't removed their names.

And that is the attrition rates for BICs! I bet that more than half of converts leave or go inactive. This is not a picture of a healthy church.

Posted by: rowan ( )
Date: November 15, 2011 05:11PM

I normally do not go to funerals, but in this case I would make a happy exception!

Posted by: sayhitokolob4me ( )
Date: November 15, 2011 05:30PM

One can only hope. My understanding is they are adding quite a few members baptizing immigrants, legal and illegal. Probably not a large source of tithing funds.

On the bright side, a corporation that outspends its organic growth, and is therefore forced to make acquisitions (converts) to keep earnings ahead of spending, will ultimately peak and then decline significantly as the quality of its acquisitions inevitably deteriorates (based on tithe-paying ability). Organic growth has slowed, the Europeans have been worked over completely, asians as well, South America is producing member numbers, but not contributing much to the bottom line. Not a lot of high income-per-capita countries left to pillage.

Posted by: Mia ( )
Date: November 15, 2011 05:38PM

I'm hoping that internet sites like this keep their numbers falling like a rock.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.