Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: November 16, 2011 12:35PM

teaching/living the Basics of faith can unite people; Christians, Muslems, partners in a marriage, families, etc.

the Details .... They DIVIDE people since we're individuals, have different perspecitives & sometimes Values.

put people together to word with Habitat or the Red Cross... Lots of great things get done.

Talk about baptism for the dead, earrings/tattoos, 'word of wisdom', or 'how many angels can dance on the head of a pin'... you're going to run into problems.

I think the GAs are VERY Divisive people (in spite of "I'm a mormon"). I think they DELIGHT in divisive programs & sermons/'talks', in the Mormon Culture.

just sayin'

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/16/2011 01:01PM by guynoirprivateeye.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Fetal Deity ( )
Date: November 16, 2011 02:57PM

... it spent tithing and other donations and income on ACTUAL charity, instead of on temples and shopping malls--AND, rather than wasting time in endless meetings, interviews and "saving the dead" sessions, spent their time in projects bettering the community and lives of others in tangible ways?

Of course they could do it, but they would certainly have to rename their organization, since nobody would believe that "Mormons" were actually HELPING people! (And, I agree that divisiveness--including the exclusion of outsiders--is one of the things the Mormon theocrats do best.)

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.