Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: hello ( )
Date: November 16, 2011 06:10AM

Moism seems to be on a slow retreat in the hello family these days.

DW's temple recommend is expired, I assume cuz she may not have paid a full tithe lately.

She studies the scriptures a lot these days, and she admitted to me the other day that she can now see where some of the scriptures are from God, and some are just Joe. Wow, that's a big move for her.

She not only has forgiven me, but has also forgiven herself for her youthful indiscretions. That's a huge deal! She's suddenly much happier and less fearful in general. She seems to be losing the puritanical Mo sensual inhibitions too. And she has missed the last four Sundays at church! Still tbm, but definitely some softening taking place.

My oldest son has been taking medcan for a year now, which seems to be helping him a lot. Passing his house today, I heard the loud heavy metal he was tripping on. Church is fading from his lifestyle, he never attends any more, because he is ill too much he says. He had started to date an LDS woman from the ward, but after leading him along for months, she told him she was already engaged to another. A low blow, which may be increasing his cynicism.

My nearby tbm son in law has also recently taken to medcan for his many illnesses, mental and physical. Major softening there too.

Is this the slow burnout of Moism in our family? My other scattered kids are all tbm. I think most of them will just choose the stuff they like, and ignore the rest of the bs.

DW and I are rediscovering eternal marriage as a reality, something that has been a sore topic since my apostasy. I have taught that unless a couple feels the love, exaltation is not possible, no matter what the temple sealing says. She gets that now, so we are enjoying renewing our love each moment in the light of our permanent bond. We are trusting life and the universal being. Love conquers all!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: michael ( )
Date: November 16, 2011 10:14AM

I don't recognize it. Is it some type of medication?

Posted by: helemon ( )
Date: November 16, 2011 10:32AM

Date: November 16, 2011 02:55PM

yeah, medical cannabis.

Posted by: exmollymo ( )
Date: November 16, 2011 10:27AM

You give me hope. Thanks for sharing!

Posted by: freeman ( )
Date: November 16, 2011 03:58PM

Posted by: Charlie ( )
Date: November 16, 2011 07:20PM

I use Medcan and I had no idea it was ok with the MO. I wondered why these individuals have not been ex'ed and then I ran the WofW through my head... and all herbs for the good of man. If it's in the scriptures, it can't be bad.

Date: November 16, 2011 09:07PM

Well I'm sure "ok with the Morg" will depend on the local bishop. But technically, at headquarters, the policy is, if a doctor prescribes it in a legal manner, the drug is ok with the church. So my son and SIL are registered with the state, and have doctor's prescriptions.

But yeah you are right about the scriptures. It's even in the Bible, as the main ingredient in the holy anointing oil of the Mosaic period and onward. The SLC church turned away from cannabis after the turn of the 20th century, I suppose concerned about addictive potentials, and possible reduction in labor. Lawlz! :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/16/2011 09:10PM by hello.

Posted by: goldenrule ( )
Date: November 17, 2011 01:36AM

Indeed. Love does conquer all! I believe that. I've experienced it in my own marriage. So happy to hear the good news! (Esp about your SIL. If there's anyone on earth that needs the medcan it's that guy.)

Aloha nui loa

Date: November 17, 2011 02:29AM

Lawlz! goldenrule, you are so right. He has been suffering a lot lately, and needs all the help he can get. We're all working hard to help them thru a rough time in their schooling and child care. Whew!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.