Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Raptor Jesus ( )
Date: November 20, 2011 09:29AM

Ogden/SLC meetup at 10:00 at Mimi's cafe. Ax for the "Raptor fans" party.

Then I'm making curry for the family tonight and after we will gather around the television for the Walking Dead.

Hurray!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: November 20, 2011 09:32AM

And then I'll watch football.

Posted by: They don't want me back ( )
Date: November 20, 2011 09:43AM

Without the supervision from LDS Inc. hijacking the day and sucking the joy right out of it.

Posted by: Itzpapalotl ( )
Date: November 20, 2011 09:44AM

Defrosting the turkey, drying out some sourdough for dressing.

Make some lamb chops for dinner and finish watching "On Stranger Tides" since I fell asleep yesterday before I got to see the mermaids, lol.

Posted by: freeman ( )
Date: November 20, 2011 09:51AM

Watching the ATP World Tour tennis finals, drinking non-alcoholic beer (because my wife is with me). Already mowed the lawn and just about to go to the shops to get something in for dinner.

And now enjoying double latte with creme brulee syrup at Costa :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/20/2011 10:37AM by freeman.

Posted by: sam ( )
Date: November 20, 2011 09:55AM

I watched football games late last night, slept in, fixing coffee, watching a couple of NFL games, relaxing, trying to do practically nothing---I love it

Posted by: Suckafoo ( )
Date: November 20, 2011 10:35AM

Took a shower and put my jammy bottoms back on, made eggs, toast and coffee for everyone. Fairy Godparents on, daughter and I just washed the new puppy and took out the pee pads. Life is good because I have no plan got my feet in the sand.

Posted by: Sandie ( )
Date: November 20, 2011 10:45AM

In church later this morning because I have the VERY LAST article writing duty. Then I'm freeeeeeeee!

After that, I'll be working on my orchid plant drawings. The next one will be a drawing of a Vanda Miss Jochine. I love those.

Posted by: jpt ( )
Date: November 20, 2011 10:45AM

Patronizing a well-known SoCal amusement park in the rain.

Posted by: escapee ( )
Date: November 20, 2011 10:52AM

I worked graveyard shift over night, so I'm pooped. Ill go to bed soon and turn off the phone.

I can recall when I worked graveyard and some sisters tried to talk me into staying up & going to church. I asked her "how would you like to go to church in the middle of the night. She got the idea. And this was when I was mormon,

Susan

Posted by: southbound ( )
Date: November 20, 2011 12:35PM

Day off from the oil patch. Looks like we will be done in time to go home for Christmas. Life is good.

Posted by: saviorself ( )
Date: November 20, 2011 12:38PM

The Red Zone channel is whip around coverage where they switch to a game when a team is in the red zone -- within the opponents 20 yard line so they have a scoring opportunity. The channel has NO ADVERTISING. It is a great way to watch all the action from all the games that are currently being played. What a great idea! It is part of the ($7 a month) Sports Package on Comcast Cable TV.

Posted by: imalive ( )
Date: November 20, 2011 12:56PM

SM then watching my footbal team win again. :-D

Posted by: onendagus ( )
Date: November 20, 2011 01:02PM

Going to a discussion of the God Delusion by Richard Dawkins at the library.

Posted by: grubbygert ( )
Date: November 20, 2011 01:17PM

going to the lake... hockey time!

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: November 20, 2011 01:20PM

had nookie!

Posted by: Anonymous User ( )
Date: November 20, 2011 01:41PM

SM was boring. We had to sit in the cultural hall and the doors were not open. I told my wife we need to wait for the bishop to give the word (playing with her). We were served the bread and I had to pee and when I returned the water had not been served and the first speaker started talking, so we missed the water. My wife could not believe it. I told her I blessed the water in the fountain, so I received the full sacrament. Needless to say, she was not amused. We waited there through the opening hymn, sacrament and the annoucements. My wife got up to open the doors so I help and made sure to made a lot of noise. This idiot asks what happens to all of the aborted fetuses? I told him I don't know. The sciptures talk about the great and dreadful day. I am living the dreadful part waiting for Jesus to return for the grateful part. This one guy says that all religions will remain organized during the millennium as long as they accept Jesus as their Savior. I told my wife I can be a baptist, drink beer and wine, save 10% of my income, save countless hours of my time,....

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 11/20/2011 08:59PM by Joe Laban.

Posted by: Sandie ( )
Date: November 20, 2011 05:25PM

Posted by: OnceMore ( )
Date: November 20, 2011 01:42PM

I am celebrating my effing birthday by sinning as much as humanly possible in one day.

I am counting every sin twice, which is, I think, how birthdays that fall on Sunday work.

Posted by: introvertedme ( )
Date: November 20, 2011 01:45PM

Football, helping one of our kids move, eating yummy stuff, enjoying being with my man, and REALLY enjoying NOT being at church!!! I am so happy these days!!!!!

Posted by: nickerickson ( )
Date: November 20, 2011 02:56PM

Made lumpia (sp?) for lunch, taking my son to photo shoot for Next clothing, chill with my family, in short, enjoy my Sunday.

Posted by: ginger ( )
Date: November 20, 2011 03:00PM

I would have loved to meet up with you fine folks in Layton but couldn't get away. I did some cleaning this morning while DH went to the store. You guys are going to love this, but this afternoon I am going to see, wait for it.......Breaking Dawn. That's right.

Posted by: Leah ( )
Date: November 20, 2011 03:18PM

Wokre up to delicious coffee.

Went mountain biking earlier.

Sat on the deck afterward, enjoying a glass of champagne and watching dark clouds roll in.Waiting for the rain. Very romantic.

Right now DH is fixing a steak brunch with his special homefried potatoes.

We'll probably go see Harold and Kumar later in the day.

Jacuzzi tonight, with the outside fireplace going.

Posted by: adoylelb ( )
Date: November 20, 2011 04:09PM

I had coffee after sleeping in, and read the paper. I'm going to the grocery store soon for some Thanksgiving shopping. The bird is already defrosting in the refrigerator, but there are still other items I need to get before the holiday.

Posted by: Queen of Denial ( )
Date: November 20, 2011 04:17PM

I drank a fabulous cup of coffee made from freshly ground beans and sweet water while writing all morning, and now, I'm about to go shopping.

Posted by: SL Cabbie ( )
Date: November 20, 2011 04:40PM

We met per Lord Raptor Jesus's instructions, five of us at Mimi's Café (outstanding and reasonable). Per RFM "rules" I can only divulge that RJ and I were in attendance, and once again I am overwhelmed by the intuition, insights, and sheer intellectual force of RFM posters...

We truly walk among giants... And not the Bigfoot kind, either...

Posted by: exkoug ( )
Date: November 20, 2011 05:20PM

Wish I could have made it up to Layton this morning, but TBM wife takes the kids to 1-4 pm indoctrination session so basically wouldn't have seen them all day had I gone up. If you have another one in south Davis or during the indoctrination block, I'm in.

Posted by: Cali Sally ( )
Date: November 20, 2011 05:52PM

Had a great breakfast sitting next to a fire under a huge umbrella while it rained.....hot chocolate, bacon, eggs, pancake. YUM! Then went inside the tiny little mall and found a beautiful scarf and lovely blue woolen jacket for 1/2 price. Since the sales lady is only part-time, I feel no guilt about making her work on a Sunday. She seemed happy too. At least she has a job when many don't.

Now it's time for a nice nap.

Posted by: Human ( )
Date: November 20, 2011 05:56PM

Whatever my Fancy wishes.

It's -20C here in Calgary, so my Fancy is restricted to staying indoors...or not. Who knows?

(Trust you had fun at your meetup.)

Cheers

Posted by: rodolfo ( )
Date: November 20, 2011 06:04PM

A true record of the apparition. I lie not.

1 While I was at Mimi's Cafe and thus in the act of calling upon the Hostess to be seated, I discovered a light appearing in the restaurant, which continued to increase until the room was lighter than at noonday, when immediately a personage appeared at the podium, floating in the air, for his talons did not touch the floor.

2 He was covered with scales of the most exquisite variety. It was a covering beyond anything earthly I had ever seen; nor do I believe that any earthly thing could be made to appear so exceedingly shiny and reptilian.

3 Not only were his scales exceedingly beautiful, but his whole person was glorious beyond description, and his countenance truly like lightning. The room was exceedingly light, but not so very bright as immediately around his person. When I first looked upon him, I was afraid; but the fear soon left me such that I could order some eggs and coffee.

4 After I introduced myself, he called me by name, and said unto me that he was a yahwehsaurus sent from the presence of God to me, and that his name was the holy Raptor; that he had a work of cult-extinction for me to do; and that eventually the name of mormonism should be had for evil among all nations, kindreds, and tongues, or that it should be evil spoken of among all people.

5 Many more things were taught to me and the other disciples present, even to the draining of 3 or 4 pots of coffee, but the spirit constraineth me (and also the needs of my bladder) that I should not say more or reveal the deeper doctrines expounded, except to say that never a more glorious time was ever had by the children of men in the company of the holiest of dromaeosaurid theropods!

6 After what seemed to be both an eternity and an instant in his presence, we then built an alter of dishes and coffee cups on the table, and gave thanks. After commending us for our faithfulness, Lord Raptor vanished into the winter mists (I think it was in a Subaru) with promises that he would probably visit us again (most likely in the spring).

Even so, Amen.

Posted by: michael ( )
Date: November 20, 2011 06:41PM

this was just a weekend day for me. I'd arranged for two words to happen today:

DIM SUM!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: godesstogodless ( )
Date: November 20, 2011 07:03PM

Layed in bed with my girls and had a ticke fest. (instead of stressing and yelling at all to get ready. Nice breakfast. Holiday Parade my girls were in the GS float. (didn't see an acheivement days float). Had some BBQ and a beer. Waiting for the Giants/Eagels game to come on. Goooooo Giants! Oh wouldn't go back if you paid me 10% of my income. Life is good.

Posted by: peregrine ( )
Date: November 20, 2011 08:07PM

Just got back from a backpacking trip. Spent my sabbath in the woods.

Posted by: Mia ( )
Date: November 20, 2011 08:49PM

DH and I drove up to the mountains to visit the snow. Beautiful.

Posted by: Pil-Latté ( )
Date: November 20, 2011 09:07PM

Grocery shopping, reading, laundry, a nap...

I did try out a new roll recipe. I'm bringing the rolls for Thanksgiving dinner and wanted a new challenge. Even though they were easy peasy to make, they were scrumptious as well. Double bonus!

Posted by: Demon of Kolob ( )
Date: November 20, 2011 11:46PM

Spent the day at the Renaissance Festival

Posted by: Calypso ( )
Date: November 21, 2011 12:19AM

I attended my first meeting with the New York Paleontological Society! Then I ate at the most delicious vegan cafe in NYC:) Ahhhhh so much better than church!

Happy Birthday Oncemore!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.