Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: blueorchid ( )
Date: November 28, 2011 12:57PM

The thread closed while I was trying to answer your question. Here are some random thoughts rather than an answer.

I think that there is a universally conscious spirituality that is naturally occurring and growing in relationship to worldwide shared information. Good begets good. I think more and more people are tuning in to it. I think those of us here at RFM are among those who are tuning into it. The more we know about each other in the world, the more we care about each other. We are naturally moving from self awareness to "us awareness." It is just happening on it's own.

Knowledge and shared experiences aid this spirituality and those are both amplified by the information age. John Lennon"s "Imagine" could pick up momentum.

I do not mean this in a Pollyanna way. I just think there is something naturally good about the majority of us and that the more we feed off of it in each other, the better things get. That is spirituality to me--I know I may also be the only one with that definition. Spirituality can be a very faceted word.

The only impediments I see to a global spirituality are religion which continues to separate and divide and of course greed.

I think organized spiritual groups are already forming, not to compete with religion, or to replace it, but just as the next natural step in the evolution of man. I think RFM is part of this. Thirty years ago, you and I would not be sharing like this. So just imagine where we are all going.

Wouldn't you love to be in giant virtual stadium listening to philosophers rather than doing a temple session? I like to think evolution demands it.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.