Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Raptor Jesus ( )
Date: December 02, 2011 02:17PM

http://www.cnn.com/2011/12/02/opinion/gergen-romney-real/index.html?hpt=hp_c1

What I found the most interesting in the article is that the media understands that as a Bishop and Stake President, Romney would have been counseling members of his church.

But he's been REFUSING to talk about that role.

This article focuses on the financial counseling that would have happened.

But if the media were to dig a little deeper they would uncover the awful truths as to exactly why Romney doesn't want to talk about that role.

Because of the sexual nature of the counceling - with children.

Uh oh - boarderline sexual abusively oh's!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/02/2011 03:51PM by Raptor Jesus.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Glo ( )
Date: December 02, 2011 03:34PM

It appears that even his own party would prefer anyone to having a Mormon candidate.

Mitt can't seem to rise above 25% among them, right now Gingrich seems to be favored although Lord knows he comes with quite a negative package.

Posted by: Adult of god ( )
Date: December 02, 2011 07:48PM

No mention of Newt's package!

Posted by: Raptor Jesus ( )
Date: December 02, 2011 07:23PM

Posted by: OnceMore ( )
Date: December 02, 2011 07:38PM

Well, I see the author bought the mormon PR about family values. And turned around and tried to sell it to readers.

Posted by: Heresy ( )
Date: December 02, 2011 07:40PM

about chastity when she was a young teen.

Posted by: honestone ( )
Date: December 03, 2011 07:33AM

Yes, I agree. Some person who is no longer a Mormon who had questions asked of her or him from ROMNEY is what we need. Hello, calling all former kids who were asked embarrassing questions by Romney!!!

Posted by: tumwater ( )
Date: December 02, 2011 08:18PM

Since many on this forum live or have lived in Utah, what is the straight scoope on Huntsman. He seems to be okay, but doesn't have any traction when compared to Newt, Mitt etc.

One of the reasons I'd vote for him is that he was ambassador to China, so he knows the language and can talk to the people that loan us all that money so we can buy all their goods.

Posted by: helemon ( )
Date: December 02, 2011 09:10PM

I like Huntsman too. He seems like the only honest and rational one of the bunch.

I heard that China's economy is also in bad shape right now. What happens if they decide to sell their US Bonds to bolster their economy?

Posted by: alex71ut ( )
Date: December 03, 2011 02:24PM

Just look at his life now. He comes from a home that was super-TBM with a father who was a Mission President & Area Authority Seventy and a maternal grandfather who was a member of the Quorum of the Twelve. Yet none of his kids go on missions, none get married in the temple, and he's raising his adopted kids to be Budhhists. Sure he was a RM as were many of us here doing the same thing he did when we were 19/20. I certainly don't think any exmo is obligated to go ripping on the church all the time. And look at what he did when he was governor in working quietly and determinedly at being open to diversity in Utah. And just like most of us exmos he can appreciate the good things about the culture of people in Mormonism who have tried to make good contributions to the world. To me his quote of "call me crazy but I believe in science" is pretty telling. I hope we all can appreciate that most of the Mormon leaders are just as deluded as we all were when we were TBM's and that these deluded individuals truly are trying to live good lives. Now I'm not trying to tell anyone how to vote as that's your business. I just think its silly for any of us here on RfM to ever get the idea that Jon Huntsman Jr. is a TBM.

Posted by: tumwater ( )
Date: December 02, 2011 09:49PM

Can you imagine if China did sell their US bonds? The country buying might make China float their currency to market rates.
Chinese goods would go through the roof, jobs and manufacturing would flee China and go to some other country, maybe even come back to USA.
We'd have to be the good guys and give them aide by borrowing from that other country.
The cycle needs to continue.

Posted by: elee ( )
Date: December 03, 2011 11:38AM

He's being trotted out now as a trial balloon for a later election. He's far too junior to get the nom this time around.

If he runs, it'll likely be the next go-round. I hope he does well. I like Huntsman well enough to vote for him.

Posted by: alex71ut ( )
Date: December 03, 2011 02:14PM

Huntsman was born March 26, 1960 and Obama was born August 4, 1961. I'm not pointing this out to make any endorsement but to just express my opinion that being 52 years old and almost 53 on inauguration day is probably NOT a negative in USA presidential election politics. Every President ever elected so far in American history has been in the 43 to 69 age group on their first inauguration day. There have been several in their 40s when elected - Teddy Roosevelt, John Kennedy, Barak Obama, and Bill Clinton come to mind. Sure Teddy Roosevelt was 42 but he wasn't elected in his own right until he was 45 or 46.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: December 02, 2011 11:03PM

For Once, MR seems to be showing some good sense.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.