Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: anonofthis ( )
Date: December 11, 2011 12:54PM

Dec Ensign- gag me

Tithing: A Key to Peace in troubled Times
I got to thinking why do they never post up how the wealthy tithe payer got his blessings. Seems like their stories are just for the poor and needy. Appears tithing is just for
for the poor from their selected stories.

I want to hear how Brother and Sister Money were blessed after they gave a homeless man money in front of City Creek Center.

It could happen and probably sound like this:

Walking downtown Sister Money gave some cash she had leftover in a coin purse to a homeless man in downtown SLC...just then our broker called and said our stock protfolio had doubled this year in the oil and gas sector we had invested in. Immediately I wanted to call our children and tell them our family trust was worth more than double but I was interrupted while dialing on my Iphone by our Realtor who just told us that our low ball offer for a Temple View City Creek condo was accepted and we could close this week. Finally after waiting so long we can live by Jon Huntsman.
I screamed hallelujah and immediately started searching the streets for another homeless person.
Amen

what $tory would you like to hear?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Mia ( )
Date: December 11, 2011 01:04PM

I would like to hear how the prophet has profited from the poor guy who lost his job, but paid his tithing anyway.

I would like to hear how mitt gave his 10,000 to someone at church who is poor, paid their tithing, and that how money changed their life.

I would like to hear how the prophet decided that anyone living at the poverty level gets back all of their tithing money this year. And no more collecting from those people.

I would like to hear the prophet relieve anyone with more than 2 kids and less than 50k a year from the tithing burden.

I would like to hear that anyone who wants to see a family member married in the temple, can now do that without having to pay up, or even be a member.

In other words, I would like to see the mormon church stop robbing people in the name of God.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.