Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: searching27 ( )
Date: December 11, 2011 12:40PM

however it is NOT true.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKLnsaQgqc8

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/11/2011 12:42PM by searching27.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: AngelCowgirl ( )
Date: December 11, 2011 12:45PM

Awesome... thanks, searching27! I'm gonna pass this link on to all my Mo relatives who are up in arms about this...

Date: December 11, 2011 12:46PM

were going crazy about it... but I couldn't find ANYTHING on any really reputable news source... and then I came across this video and another blog that has the numbers to the cannery so if people really want to call and ask if it happened the cannery can confrim to them that it did NOT happen

Posted by: OnceMore ( )
Date: December 11, 2011 01:42PM

It's interesting to note that the woman who did the best job of debunking the story filmed her debunking video in her food storage area, and that she "holds the Oath Keepers in the highest esteem." In other words, she has no axe to grind, and she is into the whole preparedness scene.

Never mind that she went to original sources to debunk the conspiracy theory being promulgated here, the Oath Keepers themselves (and many rabid mormons) are passing the story around as truth anyway.

Facts do not dent their anti-fact force fields.

Commenters below the stories are saying things like, "you can trust the Oath Keepers," and "Oath Keepers don't lie," etc. So here we have an Oath Keeper/Mormon black hole where reality goes to die, and where an in-group is thought to be incapable of lying for a cause.

Posted by: Fetal Deity ( )
Date: December 11, 2011 01:54PM

(And, I can see you posters have already debunked it.)

Just for fun, though, I decided to go to the site of the "Oath Keepers," who are cited in the article. It turns out to be one of those third- or forth-hand accounts ... and it wouldn't surprise me if the "agents" referred to in the story (if they existed at all), weren't some "practical jokers" just trying to cause a stir!

What's funny too, is even the comments posted by readers at the bottom of the article show an overwhelming skepticism of the story:

http://oathkeepers.org/oath/2011/12/09/1oath-keepers-alert-federal-agents-demand-customer-lists-from-mormon-food-storage-facility/

Anyway, it's always informative and interesting to see what kinds of rumors are flying around out there among gullible (and wishful?) TBMs! : )

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/11/2011 02:01PM by Fetal Deity.

Posted by: . ( )
Date: December 11, 2011 02:10PM

I have a hard time accepting that article as genuine, especially with articles like this:

http://www.naturalnews.com/034365_Hallmark_vaccines_newborns.html

The whole site reeks of right-wing nutjobs

Date: December 11, 2011 02:11PM

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: December 11, 2011 02:38PM

That website is a total con job.

Posted by: rt ( )
Date: December 11, 2011 02:10PM

I think it would be great for US citizens if this was their biggest worry about the National Defense Authorization Act.

If I were you, I'd be concerned about the fact that this bill will give the military the right to arrest you, indefinitely detain you, interrogate and torture you, all without charge, a lawyer or a trial.

Just my two euro-cents...

Date: December 11, 2011 02:11PM

Posted by: helemon ( )
Date: December 11, 2011 02:23PM

Is it true that having a seven day supply of food is one of the things that can flag you as a possible terrorist?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.