Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Formerly known as TBM ( )
Date: December 11, 2011 04:38PM

Well, I'll start with Saturday. I was talking to one of my friends on FB who happens to be an RM from somewhere in the southeast. So I thought that he would know quite a bit about religion in general, not just the church. He was having an argument on FB with a pastor from a Baptist church about religion. It was quite ridiculous, the Pastor was simply asking the RM to defend his faith, and answer a couple questions, when the RM was trying to destroy the Pastor's faith. Every time the Pastor would ask a question, the RM would just reply "goodnight". I then confronted the RM and asked him why missionaries won't ever try to defend their faith. He replied with "yah, but you know why they walk away... because there are so many nasty things that we could say about their religions and "crazy beliefs" but we dont want to hurt their feelings" I laughed pretty hard at this. I then said that even if it were an atheist, who has no beliefs, he wouldn't answer questions about it. This was his reply to that... "being an atheist doesn't mean you dont have beliefs... it means that they have really really wrong beliefs
it means they believe there is not god...
i think thats worse then even just going to a false church"
Of course I then tried to explain to him the difference between Atheism and Anti-theism, but he insisted that he was correct. Goodness.

Background info for this next story. Last week we had a "natural disaster" wind storm in the wasatch front portion of Utah, and church was canceled to help clean up from it. It was actually quite nice that everybody was helping out, cleaning up, on a Sunday. Anyways, today in testimony meeting, one lady got up and said that the reason the wind storm happened was because we're too prideful. I laughed, literally, out loud (turned it into a cough, so it was ok).

Just a couple fun things from this week!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: December 11, 2011 04:46PM

Mormon arrogant smugness knows no bounds.
They have absolutely no shame.
All they have is dishonest bogus strawman "arguments".

Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: December 11, 2011 04:54PM

My son is a fully-disabled paranoid schizophrenic.

His psychiatrist told me that one of his fixed delusions is that random events which occur in the world are his fault.

An airliner falls out of the sky and 186 people die...it's because he smoked more than a pack of cigarettes.

Not completely unexpected, but Mormonism teaches delusional thinking and there is the harvest of "it's all about me."

Anagrammy

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.