Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: steve benson ( )
Date: December 13, 2011 11:39PM

"Some 25,000 pro-democracy protesters in Moscow's Bolotnaya Square had an unexpected participant in their demonstrations on Saturday when a UFO was spotted hovering above the crowd.

"[Included in this report] is a somewhat blurry video capture of the scene, taken by a person in the crowd.

"Several demonstrators in the crowd spied the hovering object, with reflecting blue and red lights. Descriptions of the object--which observers say was definitely not a helicopter--included 'five extended tendrils or pylons emanating from the body of the vehicle.'

"But just because it was a UFO, doesn't mean it was extraterrestrial.

"The UFO was in sight long enough for some protesters to climb trees for a closer look. Russian news site RT.com's 'Vitaliy Matveev' disputes the UFO theory, saying the object was at worst, a Russian government spy drone or simply a news media camera filming the protests.

[Said one spectator]: "'Well, being among those tens of thousands of "confused onlookers," the only kind of debate I can recall in regards to the "object" was whether it was the police monitoring the security situation on the scene of mass protests through a drone camera or journalists taking aerial photos for their reports (or broadcasts).'

"'Despite standing quite far from the place above which the drone was hovering, I could still clearly see what it was, and so could the others. Needless to say, nobody was really "distracted by the UFO," as "MailOnline" assumes, provided more important distractions were unfolding on the ground.'"
_____

Now comes the go-to goofball interpretation, brought to you by the superstitious human mind (combined, perhaps, with some good ol' fashioned hucksterism):

"On the other hand, wouldn't the aliens want the crowds below to be distracted by earthly political conflicts as the space craft hatched bigger plans for Planet Earth? We're just saying. . . ."

("Video: UFO Filmed Hovering Over Russian Protesters," by Eric Pfeiffer, under "Sideshow," in "Yahoo News," at: http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/video-ufo-filmed-hovering-over-russian-protesters-161925456.html)

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 12/13/2011 11:48PM by steve benson.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: kolobian ( )
Date: December 14, 2011 12:57AM

Kolobians vs. Pleiadians...

Let the battle begin.

Posted by: EssexExMo ( )
Date: December 14, 2011 04:59AM

It's nice of the aliens to adhere to our rules on showing a port/starb'd light

Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: December 14, 2011 05:56AM

It was a UFO. A unidentified flying object. Nobody seems to know what it is. Remote controlled flying contraptions are getting more and more sophisticated. It could be a weird looking remote controlled helicopter or maybe something filled with helium and controllable motors.

Just because it's a UFO doesn't mean it's got aliens on it or came from outer space. It just means it's flying and we don't know what it is for sure.

Maybe it's Jesus returning and his GPS thought Moscow was Jerusalem.

Posted by: Marcionite ( )
Date: December 14, 2011 06:03AM

Mr. Putin is up there flying that thing. He's just checking out the opposition.

Posted by: Occasional Geek ( )
Date: December 14, 2011 07:06AM

What is it about many of us humans wanting to believe in a supernatural being, whether it's god or an alien?

Anyway, I recognized what it was from the Yahoo pic. I saw this vid a little over a year ago and thought it would be the ultimate toy. That is, if you could learn to fly it! MikroKopter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvH2f-AewX8

Date: December 14, 2011 12:57PM

Posted by: ozpoof ( )
Date: December 14, 2011 07:51AM

Date: December 14, 2011 11:52AM

Got an explanation you'd like to share?

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 12/14/2011 12:49PM by steve benson.

Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: December 14, 2011 12:00PM

...a comment from George Clooney, dismissing UFOs. He was saying there are photos taken years ago of supposed UFOs years ago, but now that just about everyone has a camera in their phone, where are the new pictures?

Posted by: Craig ( )
Date: December 14, 2011 12:45PM

I saw that video this morning too and at first I thought it looked like a helicopter. Also as the camera pans around you can see people looking off in a different direction altogether from where the camera was just showing the object. I don't buy that it is a UFO from outer space, it is a UFO only because you can't really tell what it is, but a space ship? I doubt it.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.