Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: the pawn ( )
Date: December 22, 2011 09:37PM

so this mormon chick thinks that no one should ever challenge her or dis her. sounds like some of my other TBM friends. i think the problem is that mormons think they are close to becoming gods. sorry but i just can't bring myself to worship these people.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: AtheistMarine ( )
Date: December 22, 2011 09:38PM

Details?

Posted by: the pawn ( )
Date: December 22, 2011 09:49PM

tough to do with out too much irl info. what i can say is that she does not like anyone challenging her religion for starters. she is really pushy with nonmembers about mormonism but anyone who pushes back gets put on her s*** list.

Posted by: Rebeckah ( )
Date: December 23, 2011 03:32AM

If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen, sister!

(You have my permission to use that on her -- no charge.)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/23/2011 03:33AM by Rebeckah.

Posted by: Thread Killer ( )
Date: December 23, 2011 01:00PM

I used to think a lot of mormon men were pretty cool, because they seemed so mellow and self-assured, but then I thought "maybe that's actually self-importance and superiority because they think they're God in their household and linked to some Ultimate Truth the rest of us schmucks can only dream of, sort of like Scientologists."

Now I wonder if they're just really tired all the time.

Posted by: freshperspective ( )
Date: December 23, 2011 01:43PM

Both men and women. They all have one thing in common. They think they have all the answers, they believe they are right and everyone else is wrong for what they think and believe. Why? because they only know what they've been indoctrinated with, b because they've been advised to not trust, listen or research anything outside the Mormon cult. They get their superior complex from listening to the leaders who they put all of their trust in, so they believe they couldn't be wrong, so they themselves couldn't possibly be wrong either, but everyone else is. It's pure brainwashing, because they've chosen to listen to only their leaders and not step outside the box to think for themselves.

Posted by: kolobian ( )
Date: December 23, 2011 02:34PM

I would love for you to ask her the following question and then return & report:

Q: Do you think polygamy is the same as cheating?

If she says yes, which she won't, then the "fruits" of the early prophets and apostles were adultery, lying, coveting, etc.

If she says no, let her explain her point of view and then ask her, "ok, so if polygamy were re-instated TODAY and your husband was commanded to take on more wives, would you be ok with that?

Then return & report. You're not challenging her. You're just forcing her to think about the less "valiant" aspects of kolobianism. All in the name of entertainment, of course...

Posted by: freshperspective ( )
Date: December 23, 2011 02:36PM

++1!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.