Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: cricket ( )
Date: December 24, 2011 12:00PM

This is not a spoof.

The answer is "Details of their wealth will never be released to the public."

Romney Says He Won’t Release Tax Returns [NYT]

Mitt Romney, who is one of the wealthiest men ever to seek the presidency, said on Wednesday that he had no intention of releasing his tax returns if he became the Republican presidential nominee, breaking with a long tradition in both parties.
http://goingconcern.com/post/accounting-news-roundup-boehner-goes-along-mitt-romney-not-releasing-tax-returns-nice-stocking

In Romney's defense, releasing tax returns as a presidential runner is just a tradition (albeit a damn good one) not a law or statute.

I'm wondering if releasing said tax returns would reveal a certain ten percent going to a certain charitable organization not seen in a favorable light by certain groups of so-call spiritual/religous/highly political types? He he he!

A certain other book of laws and regulations Romney claims to adhere to and was translated from golden plates talks about "secret combinations". So what is so secret about Romney's finances or are his finances just too "sacred, not secret"?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: December 24, 2011 01:51PM

the Governing of ChurchCo is just about the worlds Biggest Secret Combination, it reaches around the world like none other.

It makes Robots out of ordinary people like none other.

It intimidates others to either join or Suffer Endless Damnation like no others.

stupid cult? No, they're not stupid.

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: December 24, 2011 02:52PM

Let's say he releases his taxes. The scrutiny begins. The charitable contributions would be revealed.

When average people see how much money he has given to the Mormons and written it off, it would be really irritating. It would imply he really does support Mormons in a big way. No one wants to see a POTUS funnel money to a creepy religion like that.

Or, what if he releases his taxes and Mormons do the math. Let's say it shows he really doesn't pay 10% but instead fudges his earning so they are not "gains" that require tithing. This would show dishonesty about what tithing is really about.

I'm guessing he does not pay 10% of all his gain to the Mormon church. I'll bet he actually pays much less (although much less from him would still be a huge sum of tithing). He's supposedly "unemployed" so he probably didn't pay much unless he sold investments. I'm guessing he has creative business ways to protect his gains. (As Leona Helmsley quipped, "Only little people pay taxes." There's some truth to that.)

So, non-Mormons would be creeped out by how much he gives Mormon. Mormons would be miffed to see how the rich really play loose and sloppy with the rules.

Let alone the scrutiny of seeing what kinds of deductions he took and how much his investments earned or lost. I don't blame him for not subjecting himself to this kind of criticism. Then again, refusing just makes him look elite and like he has things to hide.

Posted by: 3X ( )
Date: December 24, 2011 08:34PM

I didn't grasp the obvious without your comment. You are _exactly_ right:

Romney does not want either the citizenry at large or the LDS membership to know what amount he tithes to his church.

Whatcha hidin there Mitty Two-Shoes?

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: December 24, 2011 10:57PM

most everyone who cares 'knows' that mormons tithe, a few know that it's a requirement for the House of Handshakes.

I don't see anything here except the concept of secrecy, which isn't new to either.

Posted by: Mia ( )
Date: December 24, 2011 11:02PM

If you don't tell people who you are, you don't have to explain anything. That is the hope.

The explanations and apologies only come out when the light is shinning on the rat. Sad, but true. The more money and power involved, the deeper the rat burrows.

Posted by: snb ( )
Date: December 24, 2011 11:07PM

"I'm wondering if releasing said tax returns would reveal a certain ten percent going to a certain charitable organization not seen in a favorable light by certain groups of so-call spiritual/religous/highly political types?"

Do you honestly think this would surprise anyone?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.