Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Jerry the Aspousetate ( )
Date: December 26, 2011 01:53PM

chap sticks from a Kansas company called ilovechickebnpoop.com.
I received this from an exmormon woman in another state I met on this board.
I also got some very nice clothing but not what I asked Santa for.
I hoped he would bring me some Mormon garments. Because I am a nevermo I only have one set of garments and they are very hard to come by for a nevermo. Do you ever wonder what is the most irreplaceble thing in your home in case of a fire?

But I digress.

We got a bottle of wine from the TBM and her gigolo next door.
He is a convert. Or at least claims to be. lol.

And DW gave me some special glasses to be able to read breaks on a golf green. Supposed to show how the slope breaks for the read. Haven't tried them yet. I only golf once a week. At 10:22 every Thursday with two guys who are 92 years old. I'm 71 and I told them if they ever get to where they can beat me I will dump them for some 100 year old gals.

P. S.
In the fine print on the lip balm tubes it says there is no chicken poop in the ingredient list. Only things like Persea Gratissima.

Pay Lay Alol and Happy New Year!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/26/2011 02:06PM by Jerry the Aspousetate.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Timothy ( )
Date: December 26, 2011 02:03PM

... greatly appreciate as an adult.

Socks, underwear and t-shirts. New too!

In my letter to Santa, I axed for t-shirts with pockets. He delivered!

There ain't nuthin' dumber than a shirt of any kind without pockets!

This is the Gospel according to Timothy ... Jingle bells, Batman smells, Robin laid an egg ...

Merry Christmas, Kids!

Timothy

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/26/2011 02:07PM by Susan I/S.

Posted by: lostinutah ( )
Date: December 26, 2011 02:11PM

I gave nothing but grief and got a new Mac laptop in exchange.

Not a bad deal.

Posted by: Timothy ( )
Date: December 26, 2011 02:14PM

Posted by: sandie ( )
Date: December 26, 2011 02:23PM

20 sq. ft. of domestic and foreign veneers and a 3 sq. ft package of dyed veneers for marquetry projects.

An aquaponics book that looked interesting in a field that I am possibly interested in pursuing.

Purple sweatpants.

But the best present I received was the one that I picked up this morning from the hospital which was my DH who had spent the weekend in there being treated for pneumonia. He is home and on the couch asleep.

Time for some coffee. :-)

Posted by: Moira (NotLoggedIn) ( )
Date: December 26, 2011 02:36PM

DH is no dummy. He gets it, too.

Posted by: escapee ( )
Date: December 26, 2011 02:35PM

My favorite gift is a German Shepherd desk diary--it's a spiral bound book I can tote along with me that I've been getting for years.
I also got an Amy Winehouse CD, a $25 Visa gift card, a vintage Fiesta ware creamer and sugar bowl and a Fiesta ware pitcher. I still need to look in my Fiesta ware books and figure out the vintage. Some sort of a scarf from my niece--looks like a table runner according to my older sister!

Star got a little stuffy ball and tennis ball from this same niece. We were home less than an hour before Star had the ball demolished,

It was a good Christmas--folks weren't feeling so hot, so we unwrapped gifts in their tiny apartment, left food and went to my older sister's to eat,

Susan

Posted by: Mia ( )
Date: December 26, 2011 02:41PM

My kids gave me all the little widgets and gadgets to make wine drinking a more sophisticated experience. A very nice gift.
foil cutter
automatic vacuum seal cork
electric corkscrew
two crystal wine goblets
my favorite red wine

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: December 26, 2011 02:45PM

Flat screen TV for the bedroom to replace the absolutely antique monster TV that was in there before. I also got a purse-sized dufflebag with the New Orleans Saints logo on the front. That is more of a promise to myself that we WILL travel to New Orleans to attend a Saints game this year.

Posted by: The StalkerDog™ ( )
Date: December 26, 2011 03:01PM

Posted by: looking in ( )
Date: December 26, 2011 03:05PM

I got snowshoes! ...And we have little to no snow currently. But never fear, I live in Canada - snow will return!

Posted by: Mia ( )
Date: December 26, 2011 03:26PM

One whole entire day without a single mormon in sight

Posted by: DebbiePA ( )
Date: December 26, 2011 04:06PM

They gave me an autographed copy of the Steve Jobs biography and the copy of Time magazine from when he died. I looked all over for that Time and couldn't find it, so my daughter got it for me off eBay.

Also, a DVD of the life of Jim Henson and the soundtrack from the new Muppet Movie. We are Muppet/Henson freaks in my family so many Muppet items were exchanged and we watched Muppet Treasure Island on Christmas night.

Posted by: knotheadusc ( )
Date: December 26, 2011 04:11PM

I got an iPhone 4S, a backup generator for my computer, a wireless charger for my phone, new earrings, a book on incarceration, and three CDs.

Posted by: hello ( )
Date: December 26, 2011 04:22PM

After Krissie, I will buy a discounted flat screen for my bedroom to replace the buzzing, zapping relic there now. And I will get a new inflatable stand up paddle board and paddle.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/27/2011 03:49AM by hello.

Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: December 26, 2011 06:05PM

Being a reclusive bachelor, I get my own Christmas presents. While I can't afford a lot of things I'd like, I do like the things I get.

Posted by: Rebeckah ( )
Date: December 26, 2011 06:15PM

I got bath scents and my oldest grandson bought me a lavender candle out of his own money (that sweetie!) AND I got Pikmen for the Wii and Monster Rancher for the DS and a biography of David Tenent and a collectable Doctor Who game from the Tom Baker era and a NetBook so I can work on my stories anywhere and a used car from some friends I babysit for whenever they need it. No complaints here.

Best of all, I got to spend the day with my children and grandchildren and a couple of close friends. It was great. :)

Posted by: seamaiden ( )
Date: December 26, 2011 07:00PM

I got rooked this Christmas!

I got a celtic knot ring that is a size to small, have to exchange it. A pair of PJ pants, and a body lotion set from my mother. My sister gave me a scratch ticket tree. ( Won $8) Got clothes from the dadster (yikes) He said Its cause I dress like a hippy...

Posted by: angsty ( )
Date: December 26, 2011 07:09PM

We're too broke right now with me still looking for a job. However, we had a really nice supper with my sister and my husband surprised me with a book on audio mastering that I had been wanting. Apparently he had picked it out a while back before we agreed that we were going low-key this year. It has been the best, least-stressful, Christmas I can remember. We've pretty much agreed that even when things are looking better financially, we'll keep things simple from now on.

Posted by: Levi ( )
Date: December 26, 2011 07:59PM

I guess I am kind of hard to buy for, but I got myself an antique cigar cutter. The kind that used to be used as a fob at the end of a pocket watch chain. This one is too small to be really used for anything, but it's interesting.

And my hag got me a Tiffany toothpaste key! It's this key thing that you slide onto the bottom of your tube of toothpaste and then roll up from the bottom. I've wanted one for YEARS. I collect useless Tiffany sterling things. My toothpaste key is fun, last year I got a coupon cutter. Can you imagine? Dumb, but fun.

Posted by: Claire Ferguson ( )
Date: December 27, 2011 05:32AM

Seeing as you asked, my favourite gift was my Gary Barlow 2012 Calendar! Swooning as I type.

Date: December 27, 2011 08:39AM

Google Richard Armitage, and tell me what you think. I think I would marry him, and from me that is HUGE! COMPLETELY shallow reasons though, Completely shallow!!

Actually watch this, I dont' think I would act much differently if I was her!! He is so cute here...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymiZWgzM0eY&feature=related

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/27/2011 08:39AM by seamaiden.

Posted by: kolobian ( )
Date: December 27, 2011 09:20AM

Posted by: exmollymo ( )
Date: December 27, 2011 10:21AM

Complete "I Love Lucy" series, perfume, new iPad case.

The biggest shocker - my TBM DH gave me a cross necklace (which is what I wanted, but only mentioned it once a while ago). He asked me why I didn't wear it to church (lds) and I told him I didn't want to draw any unwanted attention. I put it on promptly AFTER church. It is very beautiful and not gaudy like most.

Posted by: kolobian ( )
Date: December 27, 2011 10:27AM

...near the end of my kolobian experience I was wearing a cross to church with a collared shirt that was any color other than white.

I guess I just enjoyed provoking conversations about it. I was still in the "the church may not be true but I still believe in jesus" stage of my recovery.

Nothing unsettles a mormon more than a cross in their church. I say wear it next time you go and smile smile smile..

Posted by: Adult of god ( )
Date: December 27, 2011 11:45AM

I got a composter! It's a big black plastic thing on rollers. Yippee!

And a book called "Let it Rot" which I finished on Christmas Day. ;)

If you see an "older" lady scouring your neighborhood for leaves, that's me. All ours were blown away.

Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: December 27, 2011 12:21PM

A lava lamp and a gift card to Red Robbin.

The lava lamp was from a friend's wife, who informed me that lava lamps were the universal sign of being a bachelor, and that by placing it in a prominent place in my home, it would inform all female company that I was not seriously involved with anyone. And all this time I thought they were just pretty lights.

Date: December 27, 2011 12:39PM

Wait...

I got my daughter a lava lamp!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.