Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Exmogal ( )
Date: December 27, 2011 12:44PM

From a New York Times article, yesterday, December 26, 2011, when asked about his wife's illness and death:

“We stood up and hugged each other,” Mr. Romney said. “And I said to her, ‘As long as it’s not something fatal, I’m just fine.’ But I’m, look, I’m happy in life as long as I’ve got my soul mate with me. And Ann is.”

He added: “Death, that’s a different matter. Death, I don’t know that I can handle death. Disease and hardship, we can handle as long as we have the people we love around us.”

As a TBM, wouldn't he be able to handle it better than that, and find comfort, if he he truly believes that life is eternal and his "temple sealings" are going to be in effect?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: elcid ( )
Date: December 27, 2011 12:48PM

It is hard for anybody, regardless of what they believe (or don't beleive).

Posted by: Exmogal ( )
Date: December 27, 2011 12:53PM

Exactly.

Mormon doctrine doesn't technically make it better, although Mormonism tries to sell itself as having all the answers/making things easier....

Posted by: nonmo ( )
Date: December 27, 2011 12:53PM

Exactly...Mitt just showed in that comment about death, the failings and short comings of his one-true church

Posted by: Mia ( )
Date: December 27, 2011 01:43PM

I could be wrong, but I think that Mitt doesn't really believe everything he hears at church. He's stuck in it for family reasons. He probably doesn't think a lot of their teachings apply to him. He can't say so because the fallout would be more than he can handle. Sucky way to live your life.

Posted by: helamonster ( )
Date: December 27, 2011 01:45PM

Mark this day on your calendar; he's actually being honest about something. Don't get used to that from him.

Posted by: notamomo ( )
Date: December 27, 2011 03:50PM

helamonster Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Mark this day on your calendar; he's actually
> being honest about something. Don't get used to
> that from him.

Good point. As a TBM he SHOULD be scared of death. Sacrament meeting for all eternity! Ugh!!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.