Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: T-Bone ( )
Date: December 29, 2011 12:55AM

For the angelina5, who started the thread. I don't have much more than others here have said. Just take it slow.

Mormonism is a strange religion. It represses emotions, stunts our growth, and kills our individuality. I have seen more than a few people figure it out, and go on all sorts of binges; drinking, sex, or getting their bodies covered in tattoos just to prove that they no longer believe in "the" church.

We don't need to do anything extreme. In fact, people would never know I'm not a Mormon if I were in a chapel on Sunday. I don't drink, don't smoke, don't use drugs, and don't use 4-letter words (often), but the coffee might be a dead giveaway.

I am very much the same person, with a few basic differences. I do not have anybody telling me whether I'm worthy of being loved. And I got a 10% raise and Sundays off.

In fact, I've got more of what people attribute to tithing blessings by hard work and being a good guy than I got from paying tithing. I have a better job, better salary, better home life, and most importantly, my self-respect.

But my 1 simple piece of advice to you is - take it slow. Don't make any major decisions right now. You've just woke up from a deep sleep. Many of us here have gone through the same process of slowly discarding a belief system that did not work for us, and we are here to answer questions.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ghcswife ( )
Date: December 29, 2011 03:40PM

When I finaly let the guilt go I felt free and got selfesteem I never had before. I know I am a good person who is worth more than just $$$ I bring to the church for them to spend on ???. I accually can use my money to give to the poor and family members who really need it. It feels great..

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.