Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: jpt ( )
Date: December 31, 2011 04:11PM

While traveling from Central California to San Diego, I passed three temples.... just happened to be that way courtesy of google (traffic) maps - Santa Monica, Newport Beach, and La Jolla. Big expensive buildings prominently displayed for all to admire. Typical for Utah, I suppose, but it still seemed odd for here.

"Hey look, we're Christians!" -- multi-million dollar buildings for the purpose of saving dead people while wearing funny clothes and giving funny handshakes and chanting. Impressive!

My paradigm has shifted over the years.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: December 31, 2011 05:00PM

I still love the San Diego Temple, more now that I am out of the church, then when I was in it. It is a beautiful building, and would make a fabulous private residence, or better yet, a really good art museum. Maybe in a hundred years.

Posted by: dthenonreligious ( )
Date: December 31, 2011 05:21PM

Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: December 31, 2011 05:27PM

Voltron will kick your a**

Posted by: dthenonreligious ( )
Date: December 31, 2011 05:31PM

Voltron was my favorite show as a child. I watched some of it again and now understand that it sucks. Hell, I still have the original Voltron Action fiqure.

Posted by: JoD3:360 ( )
Date: December 31, 2011 07:12PM

By doing work for the dead, we are Saviours on Mount Zion. That other Saviour guy relies on us to get his people back into his fathers presence, because his atoning sacrifice was insufficient.

Yes, we are the true Christians and we worship our selves, our temples and the Priesthood that allows us to become gods like our big brother Jesus.

This angel named Moroni stands upon buildings whose holy veils have masonic markings and its participants follow masonic rituals as a testament of the true Christ.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.