Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: sam ( )
Date: December 31, 2011 02:49PM

We are going to a party with some friends. Good food, good drinks, good friends, good times. I am looking forward to it.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: dthenonreligious ( )
Date: December 31, 2011 03:06PM

Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: December 31, 2011 03:19PM

My TBM sisters want me to go celebrate with their families at one of their houses. I am going to make a polite appearance with my son, then vanish.

Posted by: michael ( )
Date: December 31, 2011 06:01PM

An acquaintance/friend of mine is having a party at his home about 20 minutes away from me. One thing he will be having is a new (to me) brand of rum called Kraken. Whenever anyone takes a sip of it, the tradition now is to yell, "RELEASE THE KRAKEN!"

Posted by: seamaiden ( )
Date: December 31, 2011 06:03PM

peachtree and orange juice

Posted by: anonandtrue ( )
Date: December 31, 2011 06:08PM

Some very nice sex with someone very nice. :)

Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: December 31, 2011 07:46PM

Me too, now I just got to find her.

Posted by: no-mo-mo ( )
Date: January 01, 2012 02:57AM

Yourself?

(Just kidding ... same here!)

Posted by: starvalleysaint ( )
Date: December 31, 2011 06:08PM

The happy Mormon way...stuffing our faces with word of wisdom breaker meats and unhealthy foods at my TBMs house along with all my other TBM siblings and their kids. My nephew and his wife however are coming, and they know we are leaving the church (havent told anyone else yet) and since they are already the black sheep we should have some fun making little jokes. Later we are dropping kids off at their friends parties and then I'm thinking my husband and I are going to go with my nephew for a little drink. ;)

Posted by: Grace ( )
Date: December 31, 2011 06:20PM

Well am all alone this New Years .The first time 16 years
I will be alone.2011 was a year of soul lessons hard ones.

So ,tonight I have a good book and take out sweet and sour chicken balls.(only balls I have since in months )Sorry a little hee on New Years eve

Happy life to all, where grace Falls like Rain.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/31/2011 07:45PM by Susan I/S.

Posted by: Tevai ( )
Date: December 31, 2011 06:32PM

I am sorry that you are hurting, Grace.

I hope that 2012 will prove that 2011 was--in ways important to YOU--worth the pain you are going through now.

You have all my best for tonight...and for every day of the new year to come.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/31/2011 07:47PM by Susan I/S.

Posted by: Sorcha ( )
Date: December 31, 2011 06:57PM

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/01/2012 12:43AM by Sorcha.

Posted by: Calypso ( )
Date: December 31, 2011 06:42PM

Heading to a Portuguese club outside NYC...haha should be interesting...considering I'm not Portuguese...

Posted by: Mia ( )
Date: December 31, 2011 07:43PM

Going to go see what Fanny Alger is all about.
Support the local apostates

Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: December 31, 2011 07:50PM

He wants ham omelets :). Chances are good he will fall asleep in his chair and I will wake him up before the ball drops. And of course I will be keeping an eye on the board. Remember - PUI, repent for A LONG TIME! We don't do the date delete any more!

Posted by: moira ( )
Date: December 31, 2011 07:51PM

Lying on the sofa reading my kindle, watching tv, surfing the net and recovering from a week with 3 granddaughters and their parents (and husband), who were just as hard as the kiddies, thinking about mixing the Cosmo(s) that I had planned on having this week but never got around to it because I was so busy taking care of everyone else.

BTW, I do not know how parents with lots of kids do it!!!!!

Posted by: spintobear3ukde ( )
Date: December 31, 2011 08:02PM

I'm just about to head out the door and drive down to New Orleans. It's a two-plus hour drive for me. I'm sure I can find something to keep me entertained in the French Quarter.

Posted by: Greyfort ( )
Date: December 31, 2011 08:08PM

I'm just sitting here in my room, hanging out on the computer, as usual. Oh, and eating too much. LOL

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: December 31, 2011 08:12PM

Quietly.Watching TV. Might not be able to stay awake to see The New Year In. Probably go to bed and read. As usual.

Posted by: janebond462 ( )
Date: December 31, 2011 08:15PM

hanging out with DH & DD watching an NCIS marathon & being thankful that Mark Harmon hit the jackpot at genetic roulette. Later, DH will be grilling some dead cow for himself & DD & shrimp for me. Hubby & child will set off some fireworks at midnight (or earlier if she can't make it till then!)

Posted by: SS ( )
Date: December 31, 2011 08:27PM

Hiding from the missionaries! They showed up at 8pm on New Year's Eve... thanks to my mom I'm sure.

Posted by: wine country girl ( )
Date: December 31, 2011 08:52PM

now at the local Starbucks, sipping herbal tea and using their internet. After this, it's home (where I'm hanging my hat for the next month or so) to continue reading Nightwoods by Charles Frazier. I like being alone. I'm good company.

Posted by: kristine ( )
Date: December 31, 2011 10:39PM

My sweet, adorable 14 and 11 yr. old granddaughters are spending the night with me while mom and dad party with friends. I enjoyed being with them more when they were 3 & 6. Everything is a competition and there have already been at least 20 petty arguments.All I hear is "she started it" and "no fair I had it first", etc. and they stay up forever. Getting to old for teen and tween crap. Ok, going to open a bottle of wine now.

Posted by: sandie ( )
Date: December 31, 2011 10:57PM

While DH has been sick and in bed, I have been out and about sweeping up leaves and pulling weeds this afternoon. The evening I have been drawing orchid flowers and leaves for a little project.

2011 has been batsh*t crazy and a little rough on the nerves. I am hoping that 2012 will be a better year.

I may imbibe in a little red wine tonight to celebrate the new year, but that depends on being able to stay awake long enough. :-)

Posted by: the pawn ( )
Date: December 31, 2011 10:58PM

posting on exmo ;-)

Posted by: Pil-Latté ( )
Date: December 31, 2011 11:11PM

And letting the oldest two stay up late. The two littlest already fell asleep.

And the diet starts tomorrow. I let myself binge these last two days... Not good.

Posted by: orphan ( )
Date: December 31, 2011 11:16PM

just sitting here at the 'puter and hoping for a good year for us all. Happy New Year.. Jim

Posted by: Itzpapalotl ( )
Date: December 31, 2011 11:19PM

BF made me dinner (a rarity because I am a control freak about my kitchen) and watched Ingloriuos Basterds again. Came up with a new drink last week that I call a California Sunset which is Freixnet (extra dry, of course) pineapple juice, and some Cran-Cherry juice drizzeled in.

Posted by: no-mo-mo ( )
Date: January 01, 2012 03:01AM

Home. TV with Dick Clark (who must be as old as the Three Nephites) and Times Square on HD, broadcast three hours late but it's midnight here so I guess that's okay. Five-dollar champagne, vodka, and a Hydrocodone liberated from a relative's medicine cabinet. Internet, making snarky comments at random blogs. Life is good!

(Sigh.)

Posted by: forestpal ( )
Date: January 01, 2012 04:28AM

Fun no-Mo Party at Jeremy Ranch, with a good mix of half married and half single. I didn't drink, because I was the designated driver. Too wired for sleep, so posting on RFM. You people are the best!

My SIL left his new i-pad on the kitchen table, and I hope he doesn't come back for it. He has to go to his 3 hours of LDS torture in the morning, so I'm going to play with the i-pad while I drink my morning coffee, and watch the Rose Parade, and watch football all day. The best part of New Year's Eve is looking forward to New Year's Day.

Happy New Year!

Posted by: longtallsally ( )
Date: January 01, 2012 04:30AM

Played in the local Symphony for a New Years Eve concert and had friends over afterwards for champagne and carrot cake.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.