Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Tabitha ( )
Date: March 09, 2011 02:33PM

Hi all,

I remember a while back reading something on this site about how the LDS church buys utility records just as businesses do to send solicitations in the mail? Someone had said this is how they can track inactive members who have not had their names removed. Once they move into a new neighborhood and have their utilities turned on, their records pop up. Is this correct?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Raptor Jesus ( )
Date: March 09, 2011 02:47PM

As soon as we moved and got utilities set up, we got a letter from the church asking if we were brother and sister raptor Jesus and they were trying to get our church records moved to the correct wards. Then the missionaries came a knocking soon after with our names.

Posted by: imalive ( )
Date: March 09, 2011 02:51PM

Gees this never happened to me but what a rotton thing for TSCC to do!

Posted by: Anubis ( )
Date: March 09, 2011 03:00PM

While in p-hood meeting we went over the new movin's using the water records. The p-holes were laughing that they learned it from the JW's.

Anubis

Posted by: Tabitha ( )
Date: March 09, 2011 03:15PM

Ah that makes sense with the JW's! LOL Even with my name removal I have been harassed when I move. However they don't seem to come back when I tell them I'm an exmormon. The JW's don't really take no for an answer though. I finally told them I was Pagan and offered to read their Tarot cards and they haven't been back. They kept going off about the Bible and I kept telling them that I did not believe in their Bible so I wasn't interested! I'm not exactly a Pagan, more of a Pantheist, I suppose, but it seems they tend to fear anything they view as "the occult". So far so good! No more doorknocking for several months!

Date: March 09, 2011 03:57PM

I tell the mormons I am Ex-Mo and they usually ask why then I start in on some books they can read and they run never to return.

The JW's I say they same thing, I'll take your stuff if you will read this book. The last thing heard is foot steps running from my house.

AND yes they mark the door so no one comes back...

Anubis

Posted by: 3X ( )
Date: March 09, 2011 03:59PM

--> AND yes they mark the door so no one comes back...

Details?

Date: March 09, 2011 05:37PM

from hitting the same house twice. I'm not sure on the marks connection to left message or come back when the father is home but more than once I found a chaulk mark. Then we bought a house from JW's and they menioned it in passing that they do mark for sake of not buggin the same place twice.

Might not be in every area but it would be nice if a non could put the mark on the door to keep them from ever coming.

Anubis

Posted by: kookoo4kokaubeam ( )
Date: March 09, 2011 03:24PM

the church (if its a ward with a functional EQ President) can get your new address from Uncle Sam.

I use to do this all the time. If a inactive member moved away we'd just trot down to the post office and get their forwarding address and forward that on to Salt Lake who who then forward it to the new location.

Posted by: weeder ( )
Date: March 09, 2011 03:25PM

I was always put off by the special phone books that the cult would acquire to enable "phone tracting." This was Oakland CA 1979 and the church had these very large bright orange books that had each house listed by address with its phone number so we could literally go door-to-door without taking the phone away from our ear. Need I say MANY were irritated that we had their phone number when it wasn't even listed in the regular phone book.

Posted by: drilldoc ( )
Date: March 09, 2011 03:34PM

Amazing they would keep tabs on people like this. Very suspicious behavior if you ask me.

Posted by: Mormon Observer ( )
Date: March 09, 2011 05:21PM

You have it all wrong!!!
Panic!!!

The TSCC is part of the shadow government and the shadow wants them to keep tabs on you for them! So when the great round up comes...........(drum roll) they can go get you!!!!!!!!

aAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!

(oh, wrong comic book! my bad)

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.