Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: kolobian ( )
Date: January 06, 2012 01:55PM

Last night I had a dream in which I was standing next to a firepit, and some members of my hometown ward were there and openly challenged me on why I no longer attend church.

I told them I saw no point in donating 10% of my income to a tax-exempt corporation that offers nothing I couldn't get from an Elks Lodge or Lion's Club.

As soon as I finished saying that some wood appeared which I threw into the fire. They continued to question me, and every time I answered more wood appeared and my fire got hotter and hotter.

Of course I had a response for every one of their so-called challenges, and I easily dismissed all of their logical fallacies. Eventually they bore me their heart-felt tear-filled testimonies, which I then explained were simply the product of subtle indoctrination and that they had no business telling me they "knew" anything about what they were mindlessly repeating.

Finally they became so angry and red-faced that they left. I felt sublimely satisfied. By the end of the dream I was standing next to a bonfire...

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: January 06, 2012 02:06PM

Posted by: dressclothes ( )
Date: January 06, 2012 02:10PM

I got one of those tear-filled, heart-felt testimonies via letter with my Christmas gift.

DW and I had a good laugh as we read through it.

It was pretty entertaining.

Posted by: bignevermo ( )
Date: January 06, 2012 04:20PM

go forth and do good works as you are now free of the Demon God Mormonsim...you have cast their evil demons into the fire and prevailed...go forth and do good works my son! :)

Posted by: kolobian ( )
Date: January 07, 2012 01:44AM

Michael, let us go down and do good works as we are now free of the Demon God Mormonism.

We will go down, Kolobian.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.