Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: goldenrule ( )
Date: January 05, 2012 04:52PM

At the library. Over hear a partially deaf Native American woman shout "where are the books on the Mormons?! The latter day saints?" I look over. A young mom with 2 kids in a double stroller says to her " Don't read any books about Mormons. Just go to Mormon.org and they'll be able to answer all your questions. Or I'm a Mormon and would be happy to talk to you about the church."
Lady: "What can you tell me about Mitt Romney?"

Don't read any books about Mormons! ROTFLMAO

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Chromesthesia ( )
Date: January 05, 2012 10:26PM

I must say this book about Aerosmith is way better than reading Folk of the Fringe by Orson Scott Card.

Posted by: frankie ( )
Date: January 05, 2012 10:42PM

that's sick, barf!!!!!!!

Posted by: JoD3:360 ( )
Date: January 05, 2012 11:25PM

the evidence placed before you, whether pro or con, and rely solely upon the testimony of the Defendant.

Posted by: amos2 ( )
Date: January 06, 2012 04:45AM

When I was TBM I thought anti's did it for profit. Maybe some of them did it for spite.

Well, now I know "anti" isn't a very profitable business at all, and that most of it, especially democratized "anti" like this forum, are non-profit altogether. Not only that, but low-budget, orders of magnitude less than what the church spends to counter it.

The church is spending millions to plug holes in the dam, but new leaks just keep springing up. I don't think the dam is going to burst...because eventually the reservoir will just run dry from the leaks! Who needs a burst when there are so may holes that the reservior is gushing out already?

Posted by: Scott Mosley ( )
Date: January 09, 2012 01:16PM

What a great analogy. I once was googling things related to Mormonism, and came across a mormon blog that had an article titled "There Are Holes In The Bucket... And The Bucket is the Church"

The author was trying to find ways to plug the holes, after soliciting readers for what the holes actually were.

I commented on the article that one source of holes was the internet. The bloggor indicated that that was not possible, and people don't leave teh church just because of the internet.

I agreed, and said that folks leave because they casually search through church stuff and inadvertently find out who Helen Mar Kimball was.

I don't know if that blog still exists, have not seen it for a long time now.

Posted by: angsty ( )
Date: January 06, 2012 06:28AM

They just don't get it.

Posted by: Lyrical Sage ( )
Date: January 09, 2012 01:26PM

"'Cause, you know, books about Mormons can't really exist in this world. Mormons are so righteous and celestial (we're future Gods and Goddesses, after all!), that we can't be reduced to plain ol' paper in libraries. Only holy scripture! Any other words about Mormons on paper are like oil and water, you know... they just don't mix..."

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.