Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Timothy ( )
Date: January 10, 2012 09:19AM

... don't call it a cult.

Funny that the term "tribe" never comes up in such articles.

Timothy

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/10/2012 09:19AM by Timothy.

Posted by: angelina5 ( )
Date: January 10, 2012 09:33AM

People will judge this info freely :-) I wish for people to decide for themselves and form their own opinion :-)
I find the Church teaches many cultish priciples. The requirement of unquestioned obediance is one of them. But it is just my personal, humble opinion.

Posted by: Timothy ( )
Date: January 12, 2012 08:10AM

... you call it what it is.

Some folks round these parts are rather sensitive about the cult being called a cult. That's because they are still closely associated with cult members. The most outspoken constantly begs RFM participants to refer to the cult as a "tribe" rather than a "cult" because "tribe" doesn't carry harsh conotations.

Nevertheless, its still a cult no matter what its called.

Great info. Thanks!

Timothy -- Cult free since 1975

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/12/2012 08:11AM by Timothy.

Posted by: angelina5 ( )
Date: January 12, 2012 08:18AM

I agree. In the new Relief Society manual, the teachings from George Albert Smith, we are taught that "staying on the Lord's side of the line requires strict obedience to the commandments", "those who are humble and faithful sustain and defend the Lord's servants", "when we criticize our leaders or disregard their counsel, we allow the adversay to lead us astray". Those teachings definitely demand a cult-like submission!

Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: January 10, 2012 10:01AM

Interesting, I never knew that in addition to nutritional limitation to make people more agreeable to suggestion, you could also do it through textile manipulation. Garmies are a form of brainwashing. It makes sense.

Posted by: devashoe ( )
Date: January 10, 2012 10:54AM

I didn't see anything there about textiles. I saw Tactile Fixation Drill, but that would be like crossing yourself, or bowing or genuflecting or something like that wouldn't it?

Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: January 10, 2012 11:00AM

Darn it, I misread that. However, even in my glaring mistakes, I still manage to make brilliant points. Garmis are about control, and effecting how you think on a day to day, hour to hour, minute to minute bases.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.