Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Please help, Ex's Sealing ( )
Date: January 11, 2012 10:42PM

Alright, my ex is getting sealed. I am ex'd. Won't there be a letter of some sort, coming my way, asking about my feeling with regard to this? Because I'm prepared to unload about how this ex of mine was involved with this person before we were officially divorced. I have hard evidence that cannot be denied. I refuse to be any part of any "sister-wife" activity. Both of them are putrid people, who revel in their "holier than thou" attitudes, while doing exactly what I was told by the SAME bishop, NOT to do, which was have a relationship of any kind while the divorce proceedings were in effect/before it was final. This person rolled out his "girlfriend" at church on THE VERY DAY our divorce was final. How in the world he has gotten away with it, is beyond me. Yet, because my situation was more public, he somehow flew under the radar. He actually told me personally, about this woman, just 1 1/2 months after we physically separated.

Can this go forward without my .02 cents? I'm at least going to give that.

Give me what you got.....especially if any of you have access to a handbook?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: January 11, 2012 11:04PM

Do you really care? He's a bastard. She's a witch with a capital b. Let them have each other, and move on with your life. My recommendation, find yourself your own next hot young something.

Posted by: Pista ( )
Date: January 11, 2012 11:12PM

If you have something to say, you don't need to wait for a letter from anyone in order to say it. Tell anyone you choose what you have to say. They certainly don't wait for an invitation to share their opinions.

It sounds like you have been through a really awful experience, and my sympathy goes out to you.

I hope you can get to the point where you no longer care what he is doing or what non-sense ceremonies he goes through. Do you really believe that you are still magically sealed to him? I certainly hope not, but if you do, that is a different matter.

If you do not, then just ignoring any of his actions which don't really affect you might be the prudent course of action. You are no longer a member of his church, you are legally divorced, so you have no practical reason to care what he does.

I know it can be painful to feel like you are being judged unfairly, but it is easier to walk away from those who would judge you without your consent than to try and prove yourself to people who don't deserve your time or energy.

Tell them what's on your mind if you think it will make you feel better, then go out, have some fun and get on with your life knowing that you are the one who is free while he continues in the lie.

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: January 11, 2012 11:23PM

My advice is to leave it alone. Be quiet. Let it go. This is no longer about you.
Live well, enjoy your life!

Posted by: neveragain ( )
Date: January 11, 2012 11:34PM

The handbook is on wikilinks.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: January 12, 2012 12:56AM

If you have something that you want to say to the bishop, I would say it to his face -- "How come you exed me and not my former husband when he did the exact same thing that I did?" See what he has to say. If you don't like his response, lift an eyebrow at him, and say in a cool manner, "Really? I find that offensive" and walk out. And then I would find the biggest blabbermouth in the ward. Tell her that you are glad that your ex has found as much happiness as you have, and express profound relief to her that hubby and his intended are "finally making it legal."

Or just thoroughly enjoy the fantasy of doing all of the above.

And then I would let it go.

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: January 12, 2012 01:11AM

summer Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> Or just thoroughly enjoy the fantasy of doing all
> of the above.
>
> And then I would let it go.

Ya, I'm with the fantasy! I like having conversations with people that will never happen! :-)

Posted by: Anon4tday ( )
Date: January 12, 2012 01:55AM

Thank you all, so much. I appreciate the insight. Sometimes it's hard when I'm left alone with my own thoughts to OVERTHINK every little thing with regard to Mormonism. I need to have a meeting with the bishop, anyway, to discuss the fact that he doesn't have permission to ever interview my children without a parent present, and is not to ever ask them sexual questions.

I think I will bring it up, if for no other reason than to get it off my chest. I'm sure the bishop won't do anything about it. But I will feel better, I know enough about me.

And no, I don't believe I'm still "sealed" to my ex. So I guess it really doesn't matter in the long run.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: January 12, 2012 09:56AM

It sounds to me like you need to unload your frustrations on someone, and the bishop is as "worthy" a recipient as any. ;-)

If he dissembles, I'd have some fun with him. I'd ask him if he discriminates against women or if he favors men who pay generous tithes.

Return and report, please.

Posted by: AmIDarkNow? ( )
Date: January 12, 2012 10:58AM

Disconnect, disconnect, disconnect.

Look. You just crawled out of that bucket of lobsters. Why oh why, after getting out of that bucket would you turn around and start pocking at the other lobsters in that bucket. Leave it in the rear view window and don’t look back.

The church will baptize you, marry you, seal you or whatever suits their fancy with or without your permission. You know this. Make the rational choice to stop caring about what you cannot control. A Far healthier decision.

p.s. Even though you have been ex-d, resign. You are still considered a member. End this. (My OP of course)

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.