Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: FreeRose ( )
Date: January 12, 2012 11:12AM

Does the average TBM realize TSCC is slowly dissolving members?

What do the ward leaders say about members resigning? End Times? Satan?

Does/did this make you think twice about the "truth" of TSCC or search the Net for answers?

The daily resignations posted here keep me smiling!

Thanks!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: dot ( )
Date: January 12, 2012 11:34AM

DH sees my disbelief as a sign of end times when even the elect will be deceived. Him feeling persecuted (or the church being persecuted) also proves to him that the church is true. Pisses me off to no end.

No, it did not make me think twice about finding the truth. Once I really suspected it was BS there was nothing that was going to stop me.

It made me leery of what to accept as truth because we've been told there are so many anti lies. So I double checked everything for a while and tried to go to original sources. After a while you realize that it's the church that lies, not the antis.

And really, there's no reason for the antis to lie - all they have to do is tell the truth to expose the church for what it is; a fraud.

Posted by: Mia ( )
Date: January 12, 2012 12:50PM

I think the ward leaders follow the example of the leaders in slc.

If there is a problem, they act like it doesn't exist. No talking about it.

Posted by: deconverted2010 ( )
Date: January 12, 2012 01:35PM

Mia is right. I've never heard of anyone resigning the church from an official source. It's something that is kept quiet. Just like everything else in the lds kingdom, keeping members in ignorance.

I've seen names disapper from the list and the explanation I received in two cases was, they moved and they are no longer our problem. Wow. Later I found that one of the families removed their names from the church.

The only thing I've heard for years now and heard again this past Sunday is that we are losing our youth and must do more to keep them in line. YM need to be pushed, ahem, encouraged to serve missions. We must enroll more in seminary and so on. As if pressuring them more will help the cause.

Posted by: ronas ( )
Date: January 12, 2012 01:41PM

My bishop has been in for over 5 years and I'm pretty sure I'm his first resignation as he had to go to the stake to figure out what the process was.

Posted by: Lyrical Sage ( )
Date: January 12, 2012 01:44PM

When I was a member, I was actually under the mistaken impression that the church was able to keep or regain most of its "sheep into the fold." I knew there were a lot of inactives (I was in the RS presidency and attended numerous "welfare" meetings), but our bishopric didn't really lay down the "end of days" bit. But we were encouraged to call, write, e-mail, randomly show up to the houses of inactives -- ANYTHING to at least get them to talk to us and come back. After all, we had branch mission goals to meet!

While I was making the decision to leave, two of the biggest questions I had to ask myself were these:

What would the ex-Mormon community have to gain/profit from me learning the truth about the church (i.e. reading anonymous exit stories, true historical analyses, and doctrinal disclosure -- all for free)?

Answer: Nothing.

AND

What would the church have to gain/profit from me staying in the dark about the truth and refusing to read or learn anything from the outside?

Answer: They'd keep me as a tithe-payer, volunteer, and a catalyst for keeping their numbers up. (8 convert baptisms/year, 2 new people at church/week, 100% retention, etc.)

For me, that's really when the excrement hit the ventilation system, so to speak. ;)

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.