Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: jaredsotherbrother ( )
Date: January 11, 2012 09:45PM

I just got through reading a passel of very humorous letters from TBMs and have one question: What kind of beverages are served at the Bar of God?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: January 11, 2012 09:49PM

In one town I know there are two bars. Actually, there are dozens of bars, but these two bars happen to be across the street from each other. One is a German themed restaurant, with girls in beer wrench outfits, and a polka band that only serves expensive beer with very high alcohol content. The other one is a regular bar that sells mostly cheep beer with very low alcohol content. The place that sells the cheep nasty beer is the one that has all the stabbings and fights, while the only trouble the other place has is when trouble makers who get kicked out from across the street try to come into their place.

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: January 12, 2012 09:41AM

Like a "beer spanner?" I wouldn't know what a "beer spanner" is, either, so neither helps. Monkey wrench? Crescent wrench? Adjustable spanner? Ring spanner?

Pray, tell.

Posted by: Makurosu ( )
Date: January 12, 2012 09:44AM

Posted by: helamonster ( )
Date: January 12, 2012 07:15PM

It boggles the mind.

Posted by: Jonny the Smoke ( )
Date: January 12, 2012 07:17PM

Its for removing really tough beer caps. It's not the only beer tool either.....ever been "hammered" while drinking beer?

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: January 12, 2012 07:07PM

It's spelled "Wench"

Posted by: lostinutah ( )
Date: January 11, 2012 09:54PM

God's Bar serves a wicked drink called the Divine Lobotomy.

Posted by: rodolfo ( )
Date: January 12, 2012 07:28PM

packham.n4m.org/pale-ale.htm

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/12/2012 07:30PM by rodolfo.

Posted by: freeman ( )
Date: January 13, 2012 04:30PM

Given that every single beer commonly sold in the UK that I know is at least 3.8%, does this mean there are special low alcohol versions of the major international brands brewed and sold, or is it all locally brewed barley water?

Posted by: jon1 ( )
Date: January 13, 2012 04:44PM

Posted by: BadGirl ( )
Date: January 13, 2012 06:23PM

Some years ago in Colorado, the only beer you could buy on Sunday or in convenience stores was 3.2.
3.2 versions, of Coors, Miller, Bud, whatever...

Date: January 13, 2012 06:53PM

SO basically, the brewery adds 1 part water to 2 parts beer, then sells it as "special brew" to Utah and other states, for a premium profit.

Posted by: saviorself ( )
Date: January 13, 2012 05:52PM

A hydrometer (available at home brewing supply stores) is a useful tool that tells you the percent of alcohol in your home brew. It can also be used to tell you the percent of alcohol in beer you buy at a store.

My own testing of major brands of beer in Utah (Coors, Budweiser, Schlitz, Miller) usually showed an actual alcohol content in the range of 2.2% to 2.5%. Remember that in Utah 3.2% is the legal LIMIT for maximum alcohol. There is nothing in the law that says that beer sold in Utah MUST be 3.2%. The manufacturers do not want to risk being in violation of the 3.2% law so they target their product to a lower alcohol content, such as 2.4%. That gives them some slack so that they won't ever exceed the legal limit.

If you are drinking beer to get a buzz, you are getting an inferior product when you buy Utah beer. When I was doing my home brewing, my typical batch of beer was 5.75% alcohol. Plus it tasted infinitely better than the Utah beer. We commonly referred to that beer as "weasel piss".

Date: January 13, 2012 06:10PM

5-8% is the right range for a proper beer. I'll make an exception for Guiness and Tetleys because they are very refreshing.

Posted by: SteveW ( )
Date: January 13, 2012 06:18PM

The beer you buy at the gas station is horrible, but you can buy higher alcohol content beer at the liquor stores.

Most people I know just drink liquor, if you have to go to the liquor store any ways might as well buy some liquor.

Date: January 13, 2012 06:24PM

Date: January 13, 2012 06:26PM

Liquor is not a substitute for beer. Totally different.
I wouldn't drink a tall glass of liquor with pizza!

Date: January 13, 2012 06:55PM

They are only substitutes if the only benefit you get from them is the ability to get drunk.

If you happen to like to taste of certain alcohol drinks, and believe correctly that drinks have difference occasions and accompanying food, then it matters what you drink.

Date: January 13, 2012 07:52PM

Jameson Irish whiskey in a tall glass of ice and maybe a spritz of soda water is a perfectly good pizza beverage.

Date: January 13, 2012 06:23PM

It's been many years since I tasted the fine products of the Wasatch Brewing Co. Does anybody know if they had to comply with the 3.2 law? They made some tasty brew.

Posted by: Drew90 ( )
Date: January 13, 2012 06:30PM

I had to take alcohol servers classes. I found out the beer is 3.2% ABW (Alcohol by weight), which is the same as 4% alcohol by volume (the rest of the states measure by ABV). So 4% is a little better at least. I just go to the liquor store and get the better beers, even though it's expensive.

Posted by: djmaciii ( )
Date: January 13, 2012 07:37PM

Jesus drinks Ezrataft Draft

Posted by: SteveW ( )
Date: January 13, 2012 07:45PM

If it taste you are after then you are really screwed. In my experience all the normal beer that I have drank in other states tastes considerably better then the watered down stuff in Utah. I don’t know why you would think with less alcohol it would taste better, but the 5.9% Natural Ice that I used to get in Oregon taste considerably better than the 3.2% Natural Ice that I can get here in Utah. Maybe it is just me, but I would be interested in other people’s opinions about the taste of our beer.

Date: January 13, 2012 07:58PM

Watery yellow American style lager is disgusting no matter the ABV/ABW. Guiness Draft is lower in alchohol than Budweiser and has 10 times the flavor.Guiness special export Stout, at 8% ABV is another tasty story entirely.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.