Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Anonymous ( )
Date: January 14, 2012 10:29PM

I'm two months from getting out of the Lords Discipleship training center and am excited to join the Ex-Mo community. While there I found only a couple of girls who would talk about real church history, while guys seemed more willing to at least discuss it. Two of my male friends have become agnostic while they were there, but none of the females would even consider it. Are there very many girls who leave the church during their college years? I would love to meet one of them but am wondering if they even exist. It seems practically impossible for girls to get out. Young Womens is a top notch brain washing program.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: allicat ( )
Date: January 14, 2012 10:31PM

I'm a young, single female exmo. I'm just out of college myself. I joined, however, as an adult after graduation so I guess my logical reasoning was more developed (aka ran like hell)

Posted by: Anonymous ( )
Date: January 14, 2012 10:35PM

Way to go! I'm happy you got out!How long were you in the church? Why did you join in the first place?

Date: January 14, 2012 10:40PM

Like two months technically. And I was looking for an outlet to my beliefs, really, and they promised me love and marriage and friends and stuff like that. I tried to ignore the evidence against the church but eventually I just knew it wasn't correct anymore.

Posted by: Calypso ( )
Date: January 14, 2012 11:32PM

19 yo f and just sent my resignation letter in:)

Date: January 14, 2012 11:40PM

Wooh hoo!

Posted by: Calypso ( )
Date: January 14, 2012 11:48PM

Thanks Alli!:)

Posted by: alight ( )
Date: January 15, 2012 12:14AM

I hate watching young, brilliant girls get told that all they are for is making babies and providing for their husbands. then they become airheaded and bubbly and stop thinking for themselves. :P

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.