Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: enoughenoch19 ( )
Date: January 14, 2012 10:59PM

I know that Pay Lay Ale is said in the temple by TBMs and that it supposed to be a big deal. Someone people say it means "Let God hear the words from my mouth." Does that mean unless you say "pay lay ale," God's ears will not hear you?
But seriously, another possible origin is that the JS and the early TBMs were misprouncing something else when they made this up. Anyone know?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: jf ( )
Date: January 14, 2012 11:03PM

This is one of the 1990 changes. It was changed to "Oh God, hear the words of my mouth."

What I always found interesting is that we are still told "repeated three times", when in reality it's only repeated twice, for a total of three times.

Posted by: rpm ( )
Date: January 14, 2012 11:19PM

From the Hebrew:

pe le El

Mouth to God

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adamic_language

Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: January 14, 2012 11:53PM

Is it true that their is an ex-mo brewing company that makes a beer called Pay Lay Ale? If so, how do I get some? If not, it would probably be hilarious if someone did.

Posted by: tlondon ( )
Date: January 15, 2012 12:32AM

im not certain if there is one called Pay Lay Ale, but i know there is a company here in Utah, that brews a beer called Polygamy Porter, and also one called Brigham's Brew-but that one is root beer. It does have Brigham Young's picture right on it though.

Another company brews one called Latter Days Stout.

Posted by: brian ( )
Date: January 15, 2012 12:46AM

I often tell my wife I am going to buy a Pale Ale t-shirt. Gets her mad every time.

Posted by: blueskyutah ( )
Date: January 15, 2012 01:28AM

Perhaps a scholar of "View of the Hebrews" can confirm this but I vaguely remember these terms defined as Indian words in the book.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.