Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: rogermartim ( )
Date: January 21, 2012 04:43PM

I was with my sister this afternoon (we're both never mos). We got to talking about politics, especially the cast of characters in today's South Carolina primary.

My sister knows very little about the Mormon church. I mentioned that Romney and his wife probably wear the sacred garments and she asked me what they were. I explained them to her and she was for sure that I was pulling her leg. She just couldn't believe it. I told her to look on her I-phone and she found a picture of both sexes in garments in about 15 seconds. Then she started laughing and laughing. She couldn't believe that Mormons wear God-mandated underwear.

My sister asked where they buy garments. She's never seen them at JC Penneys. I said you have to have a temple recommend and then she asked, "What's that?" while looking on E-bay to see if they sell them there (they don't). I was tiring of the conversation and didn't feel like getting into the whole business of explaning a temple recommend.

When she finished laughing, my sister asked why doesn't the press ask about Romney about his holy underpants (her words, not mine). I wonder the same thing.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.