Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: athreehourbore ( )
Date: January 18, 2012 01:40PM

I think THESE FORUMS need the light of major media attention. And they NEED stories to print. There's a treasure trove of experiences, facts, quotations, documents, etc, and these online groups I think are the most accessible place for journalists to get sources. The public needs to hear the other side of the story and they need to hear it from more than bible-thumping evangelicals!

So...

Here's one free publicity method my friend used to get on Utah KSL 5 TV news by sending just ONE email:

1) Set up a Google News alert for every new News story printed with the word "Mormon" in it. There are usually 2-3 per day, some of which are NY Times, Huffington Post, etc. http://www.google.com/alerts

2) Click on each new story about Mormons, see what journalist got it printed, contact them (name and email is usually provided), and paste/personalize a short email about a great idea for a follow-up story on Mormons.

3) Seeing as they already had one printed, they are VERY likely to print up another one, especially with a story or press release making their job easier.

-----------------

I would like to do this for a month or so to get extra attention to the French 24 News segment coming out soon where exmormons in UT were interviewed the other week.

But if a bunch of us did this and contacted journalists about whatever you want to see in the public light, it would be a win/win and an epic fail for the cult!

What would YOU like to see covered in a major U.S. News outlets?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: January 19, 2012 12:15AM

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: January 19, 2012 01:07AM

I would love to see an investigative team tackle the whole Lamanites decended from Israelite's DNA deal....the origin of the species happening in Missouri, JS's history as a philanderer and crook, etc......

Posted by: baura ( )
Date: January 19, 2012 01:23AM

Oath of consecration in the Temple. And the fact that Mitt has taken that oath repeatedly.

Posted by: honestone ( )
Date: January 19, 2012 01:46AM

Money they collect and don't disclose where it goes and how the LDS keep unworthy from seeing their own child marry if it is a temple wedding. Must get this out there. The public does not know!!!!

Posted by: AKA Alma ( )
Date: January 19, 2012 02:05AM

Money. How much, where does it go, and why is it secret.

Posted by: athreehourbore ( )
Date: January 19, 2012 10:02AM

I agree about the money. See that ABC News thread here about the millions Mitt Romney has paid the LDS church over the years.

Let the money trail commence!!!

Me, I would like the public to know two groups of things:

1) The biggest historical facts proving it's a fraud, that even TBM's don't know about (polyandry, book of abraham, moneydigging, etc). Then the church and its members will be FORCED to deal with their own past.

2) Show what life is REALLY like behind the plastic smiles. You may know what this is like explaining the control, conformity, rigidity, manipulation, mind control, etc, to nonmembers after leaving. Their eyebrows always raise in surprise as they had no idea. The public needs to know it's not only kooky but DETRIMENTAL to well-being.

Posted by: enoughenoch19 ( )
Date: January 19, 2012 09:52PM

for Baura and Honestone - YES YES great ideas. I heard the other day on CNN that there has not been a major scandal involving LDS Inc. in terms of financial topics. I about threw up. That is because the members have no idea where the money goes so they can't possibly know what a financial scandal topic would be about. Like the temple consecration, the money topic is SECRET!!!

Posted by: tofino ( )
Date: January 20, 2012 01:03AM

cursing of President Polk & President Buchanan for outlawing Polygamy. Include everything mentioned in 'Mysteries of Godliness:A History of Mormon Temple Worship' by David John Buerger.

That book convinced me the Morg is a CULT.

Amazing, I wish the news media would expose how f****d up the temple really is and most people have no idea what they are getting into before going thru that insane ritual.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: January 20, 2012 01:13AM

Conflict of Interest if MR elected.

just go back to the MX thingee where J Garn did his Flip-Flop.
(did anyone notice at the time?)

Posted by: cosmo ( )
Date: January 22, 2012 09:25PM

I would like to know if Mitt has had his second annointing, which would give him the "power to curse and bind". I'm not saying that it wouldn't come in handy, but it would sure scare the hell out of the evangelicals. The 'power to curse and bind' seems like satanism to me...

Posted by: Sorcha ( )
Date: January 23, 2012 01:34AM

Agree with cosmo. The "second annointing" stuff seems to give godly power to mortal men. What fundy (or free thinker) could support that? I'd like to major media attention for this topic.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.