Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Anonymous User ( )
Date: January 27, 2012 06:25PM

We have those free commuter papers here in the Toronto area. They are produced by the daily newspaper groups and last about an average subway ride. The article "Mormonism's leap of Faith" references Pew Research and saying 2011 members were 14 million.
Thats not far off, but then it gives an estimate for 2080 as
275 million.

Now, unfortunately, metronews.ca does not have an editorial page. However, I am going to look up Pew Research and I will question the figures.

Oh and by the way, it shows a pic of missionaries, the standard suits and dark long skirts, and then a pic of a sister mishie in a kind of ruffled white dress just past the knee and an an off white cardigan. So, I guess the mainstream dream has begun.

Mainstream dream and fake figures, makes me want to scream.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: lillium ( )
Date: January 27, 2012 06:40PM

“Romney has made us feel more mainstream,” says Derek Morton, a 30-year-old realtor in Utah. As a teenager, Morton rebelled against his faith. “I felt like, ‘I want to order beer, too,’” he says. “But now I feel that giving up things like alcohol has given me more freedom. I don’t have to worry about going to jail for drunk driving.”

Yes, it's the law when you drink you MUST drive in order to give the cops a fair shot at ya. Sheesh.

http://www.metronews.ca/toronto/world/article/1081774--mormonism-s-leap-of-faith

Posted by: Anonymous User ( )
Date: January 27, 2012 07:10PM

Exactly what I thought lillium! Yes I drink. Do I drink and drive. NEVER.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.