Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: enoughenoch19 ( )
Date: January 28, 2012 12:56AM

I was just thinking......since there are so many necro-dunkings going on, I am wondering if apostates are necro-dunked so TSCC won't have to say they have so many apostates. Not that they would admit it anyway, but just saying.......

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: January 28, 2012 04:49AM

The ritual wording simply includes the words "whose name was removed" after the the dead spirit's name.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: January 28, 2012 03:14PM

If the name was removed then how do they know the person's name ?

More proof that names are not removed.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: January 28, 2012 03:29PM

Posted by: blindmag ( )
Date: January 28, 2012 05:35AM

Yup they just wate a year after death.

Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: January 28, 2012 06:06AM

My grandfather was excommunicated because of some pretty horrendous criminal activity that he had done. However, after his death, a family member decided to do his temple work (on the same day I got my endowment so I know this is true) At one point, there was some confusion about him needing to be rebaptized, but as we sat together in the temple president's office, we learned it was not necessary as according to the temple president his priesthood and baptismal blessings had been returned to him after his death. We then had him "endowed" and sealed to our family, so we could complete our genealogical chain, since you are not allowed to skip over people, if you want his parents to be sealed to you. (Everyone in the family would have preferred to have skipped over the bastard)
I don't know if this was because the church considered his death as sufficient cause to overturn his excommunication, or if another relative had beat us to it.

Posted by: WiserWomanNow ( )
Date: January 28, 2012 03:31PM

From well-known exmo genealogy researcher Helen Radkey’s second appearance on Doris Hanson’s show – Sept 2, 2010

Link:
http://www.aboutpolygamy.com/episodes/2010/ep335.htm

First of all, Helen states and emphasizes that ALL the information she is going to present is from MORMON databases, sites owned and operated by the LDS church.

My notes from this episode include:

“Mormons have no scruples about sealing divorced people,” says Helen.

Henry VIII has 14 named spouses, including wives he had murdered, wives he had divorced, and numerous alleged mistresses. Why would a woman want to be sealed to a man who had murdered her?

Famous men in particular are usually sealed to women they had children with and women they had affairs with.

It seems that the more affairs a person had, the more likely they are to be rewarded with multiple spouses in the temple.

Ex-spouses are sealed to ex-spouses, forming polygamy chains.

Posted by: baura ( )
Date: January 28, 2012 09:54PM

That's the "seal them all and let God sort it out" philosophy that the Church uses so as not to overburden inspiration :)

Posted by: They don't want me back ( )
Date: January 28, 2012 04:14PM

doing crazy cult rituals, have at it.

It's only real in their minds.

Busy work for the cult.

Posted by: They don't want me back ( )
Date: January 28, 2012 04:18PM

over whether or not it was accepted or rejected. and then they will have to pat themselves on the back and testifiy to how important 'temple work' is, as they wasted a couple of hours this week doing it.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.