Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: anonfornow ( )
Date: January 30, 2012 05:10AM

This story use to be told quite a lot during F&T. Anybody else ever heard this one?

Seems this young couple were so hot for each other that they could not fight the "feeling" without calling the Bishop up (late at night) and going over to his house so that he could cool them down.

I know that I heard this tale several times over the years, and I always thought it sounded made-up, and just told as a lesson for the young people not to let things go to far.

Just in case this was in the Booneville, Mississippi ward.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: January 30, 2012 07:54AM

If they were the type who believed in priesthood authority so much that they'd run to the bishop, the bishop could have gotten more sleep if he'd simply demanded the couple not see each other anymore. If they were teens, he could have enlisted their parents as enforcers. If they were young adults, he could have demanded one of them move away, because the Lord has spoken through him, right?

Posted by: gemini ( )
Date: January 30, 2012 08:46AM

I actually went to my bishop in high school because my boyfriend and I had gone a little too far...he had touched my boob! GAG! Then I think about that know it just makes me sick that I thought I had to tell some old man about my teenage necking and petting.

Posted by: Amy ( )
Date: January 30, 2012 10:18AM

My parents made me go to the bishop after they found out I was giving oral to my bf at the time. It was so embarassing, especially since the bishop was a family enemy and told the whole ward about it. I was ostracized and it ruined my relationship with my bf. We were so in love, but he didn't want to deal with the scrutiny from my parents after that.

But don't worry, this story has a happy ending! I left the church and years later, me and this bf reconnected and eventually married!

Posted by: jaredsotherbrother ( )
Date: January 30, 2012 01:16PM

Congratulations. Especially if oral is still on the menu.

Posted by: Amy ( )
Date: January 30, 2012 01:31PM

Oral and happy endings are both on the menu...with a side of guilt-free!

Posted by: jaredsotherbrother ( )
Date: January 30, 2012 02:20PM

Yay!

Posted by: onendagus ( )
Date: January 30, 2012 01:25PM

I love a happy ending!

Posted by: holistic ( )
Date: January 30, 2012 02:43PM

I like this!! fairytales do come true!

My aunt and uncle(lived with them from 14 to 18) I know from their actions now did not care much for my bf in high school and couldn't stand that I wanted to spend all my extra time with him. I still think they drove him away...cause they act so stuck up and better than everyone. It took me like 5 years to get over my high school guy. I am glad to hear you two ended up together!!

I have met someone new now and we are moving in next month. I am excited!!

Posted by: quebec ( )
Date: January 30, 2012 06:10PM

"I have met someone new now and we are moving in next month. I am excited!!"

Good for you! Enjoy it!

Posted by: kolobian ( )
Date: January 30, 2012 01:42PM

Young Couple: Bishop! Bishop! We need your help!
Bishop: What is wanted?
Young Couple: We keep feeling this overwhelming desire to have sex.
Bishop: Yes, my children. Those are the natural instincts of your mortal body.
Young Couple: You mean this is normal?
Bishop: Yes, my children. Completely normal.
Young Couple: So it's ok if we have sex?
Bishop: No, my children. Premarital sex is a sin so grievous it only comes 2nd to murder.
Young Couple: But all of our non-mormon friends have sex and they're not in jail...
Bishop: Yes, well they don't have the light of the gospel in their lives. They're held to lower standards than you blessed children of Zion.
Young Couple: You mean they can have sex and not get punished, but if we have sex we're basically murderers? Just because we were born in the church?
Bishop: That's right, my children. Wait! Where are you going?
Young Couple: To talk to Greg Dodge. Resigning our membership is the best thing we can do for our future children!
Bishop: Another one bites the dust. Oh well. We'll still count them in our membership records...

Now sorry about the interruption, Timmy. Tell me more about your masturbation problem. :)

Posted by: matt ( )
Date: January 30, 2012 06:21PM

That would have put them off the lay! As an egg producer would say! ;oD

Posted by: Anonymous User ( )
Date: January 30, 2012 06:25PM

Come in, I am your bishop. I am glad you called. You should go home to your respective homes and masterbate until the urges go away.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.