Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: informer ( )
Date: January 31, 2012 10:55AM

...remember that he is the official Church Historian and Recorder of the CoJCoLDS.

In other words, he is the official Recorder and Disseminator of Lies.

Don't place too much credence in the words of a liar unless you are an expert at picking them apart to expose the one or two kernels of truth. I expect there are plenty here at RfM who are very capable lie-picker-aparters.

:-)

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: elcid ( )
Date: January 31, 2012 12:20PM

My brother actually had a phone conversation with him about troubling aspects of church history. Apparently he was interested to know why/how he got to the point he was at. This was about 3 years ago or so. I think he is a nice enough guy, but in the end he is a corporate employee looking into customer complaints and trying to build a strategy to keep the business going. If you look at it that way, he is just doing his job, which in part involves how to manipulate information so that the bad stuff has as little effect as possible on the business and the good stuff is highlighted. He is a marketing researcher and planner basically. It's like buying a car, go to the Ford website read stuff, then go to consumer reports. Take both, shake gently, then re-read it and make an informed decision. For me the decision was pretty straight forward. It is a fraud.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: January 31, 2012 12:23PM

I love manatees.

Posted by: informer ( )
Date: January 31, 2012 01:04PM

I have nothing against them. I just don't appreciate them nuzzling me in my crack. My animal-love has limits.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.